Chapter 79

"Get up Joshy Boy, cause we all need you now." I sing while I watch Lil Dun pounce on Josh, trying to wake him up for the morning. Josh groggily opens his eyes, a smile already on his face before he even speaks. He looks so beautiful in the morning, wild messy hair scattered everywhere and his eyes cloudy with sleep.

"You're cute." His voice deep, cracking a little near the end. Before I know it, his arms are wrapped around my waist pulling me down to lay beside him. My eyes are now level with his as they stare deep into mine, expressing the love he has for me. I gently drag my finger along his jawline, up to his cheek bones, tracing every single feature on his face. I make note of every little indentions his face makes when he smiles, when his eyes crinkle. I never want to forget how his face looks like in this moment.

"Let me take you out tonight. On a date." Josh says these words so casually, but his eyes still beg me to say yes, as if any bone in my body would say no. When I nod, it's like all of the tension vanishes from his body.

~~~

"Welcome to Mickeys Arcade! The place where it will go down in history that I kicked your butt in every game." Josh smirks as he speaks, holding the door open for me. Raising my eyebrow at him, it takes everything in me to not laugh. For some reason, he spent twenty one minutes packing a car, and an hour driving just for an arcade.

"You kick my butt? Boy, keep wishing. I am what they call a master." I wink while walking by Josh, and a grin breaks out on his face, looking prouder than ever.
After we get admitted into the arcade with our little wristbands.

We play Mario Kart after playing a bunch of other games. As we play against each other, Joshs tongue sticks out of the corner of his mouth. His adorable appearance distracts me multiple times while playing, which causes him to win every round that we play. I knew that once his tongue vanishes and his mouth forms a smirk that the round is over, and he had won.

"Oh my god, Josh there is a rock band game set over there! Please let's go play." I plead, pouting my bottom lip when he looks at me. He nods and grabs my hand. Walking over to the set, he immediately sits down at the drum set. "Hey, let's do a duel with drumming! You go first,  then I go."

Josh smirks at the idea, going through the songs. When he comes across Lane Boy on it, his eyes light up. While he's doing the drums this round, I figure that I'd do the guitar. After agreeing to do medium on the scale, he begins. And at that moment, I realized how badly I screwed up.

He looks at home, and doing the drums practically the same way he does at shows. He misses a few of the notes though, because he is so into playing the way he normally does. When he finishes, he grins at me and stands up to hand me the drum sticks.

"Good luck, Sweetheart." He sounds so cocky when he says this, and I glare at him. Sticking my tongue out at him, he laughs, and sits on the ground beside the drum set.

At first I'm nervous to do it because the king of drumming is watching me, but eventually I get the hang of it. I can hear Josh giggling every so often, and it takes everything to keep my grip on the drum sticks. Now I realize how he goes through them so easily.

"What the hell? You beat me?" Josh stares at the screen with a dumbfounded look. He looks over at me, and instantly his face relaxes. "Congrats, babe! Now you're the drummer for Twenty One Pilots." We joke for a little bit while playing a couple more games.

As we are walking towards the door to leave, Josh stops. Following his gaze, I see that he is staring at Dance Dance Revolution. He looks over at me with puppy eyes. Raising my eyebrow, I laugh.

"I'm so going to beat your ass."

~~~~~

"Dammit, Abby. You should've told me it was getting harder to breathe." We are now in Joshs car, his one hand on the steering wheel, and the other one refusing to let go of my hand. During Dance Dance Revolution, my chest started to lock up. But I really didn't want to make Josh stop, since it looked like he was having the time of his life. So I kept going at it until the very end.

As soon as he was done dancing and he actually looked at me, he knew something was wrong. So he quickly grabbed my arm, practically carrying me, and took us to his car. Ever since then, he has refused to let go of my hand. The whole time we've been driving he's been giving me advice on breathing. And thanks to him, it's gotten better, and I was now able to breathe.

"Where are we going." My voice cracks when I speak, and Josh let's go of my hand for a millisecond to get a water bottle from the backseat. When his hand is back in mine, I pull it up and kiss each knuckle. I watch as a soft smile takes over the stressed expression on his face.

"We are going somewhere. That's all that matters." He looks over at me and sees my pout. "You'll love it, I promise. I didn't drive out here just for an arcade, even though it is my favorite."  I look out the window, my hands drawing circles into Joshs. When I see water in the distance, I freak out.

"The beach?" Josh must've felt my excitement, cause he grins and nods.

~~~~~

"You've even packed a picnic?" I stare at Josh in astonishment as he pulls a picnic basket out of the trunk. He hands me a blanket, winking at me as we start our walk.

"Of course I did, my girl deserves it." Our free hands interlock, and we swing them between us as we get closer to the spot Josh wants to lay at. I can't help but feel Joshs palms are hella sweaty, and he keeps squeezing my hand every other minute.

~~JOSH P.O.V.~~

Abby-Lynn keeps on looking over at me, and it makes me even more nervous. I think she knows somethings up, I have to do something to sidetrack her.

"Look at that sunset." Despite how nervous I am on the inside, my voice comes out calm and collected. I think that convinces Abby that things are ok, cause she looks up at the sky. I watch as her eyes light up, amazed by the beauty. I'm totally doing the right thing, there's no doubt in my mind.

We finally get to the spot that I love on the beach, and I lay out the blanket as she watches. We lay down, telling jokes here and there. I hand her a sandwich I made for her, and she giggles, saying thank you.

"You should really make me sandwiches more." She winks at me and my heart jumps. I blow a kiss at her, and she laughs. Yeah, she's definitely the one I want.

Soon enough we finish eating, and now we are laying down, watching the sunset. She's laying in my arms, head resting on my chest. Her gentle breathing mixes with the sound of the waves, and it calms down the rest of my nerves. Putting my hand in my pocket on the side Abby-Lynn isn't on, I feel the small box. Taking a couple of deep breaths, I start getting butterflies in my stomach. It's now or never.

"Abb-" her phone starts ringing. I grab it out of the picnic basket, silently cussing out whoever is calling, until I see that it's Isabella. Instantly, my lungs lock up. I look at Abby-Lynn, who has fear in her eyes. We both know a Doctor wouldn't call this late unless it is something bad. Slowly, I accept the call.

"Abby-Lynn? It's Isabella. I need you to come into the office as soon as possible, it's very important."