Prologue

"No, don't leave me! Please, I need you!" The stallion-like Pokémon cried to the one quite like him laid out in front of him. He knelt beside his injured companion, tears slipping down his face. But he knew his tears wouldn't help; the wounds were deep and he had nothing to heal her with.

"It's alright, Cobalion," the one laid out before Cobalion said before coughing. "I won't be gone for long."

"What are you talking about, Virizion? You're dying! You can't come back!" Cobalion huddled closer to his injured loved one, holding himself between the crooks of her fore and hind legs, much like a young Ponyta would keep warm besides their mother. He must have looked young, childish, yes, he knew that, but he didn't care; the two were alone.

"It will all be clear. Just sleep now, and the answers will come to you." Virizion feebly sat her head against the ground, sighing as the weigh of keeping it up was relieved. She closed her eyes, entering her own sleep, and Cobalion whimpered like a lost child, for that's how he felt without her; lost and dying. In a single moment of grief and despair, he let out a single, mournful cry.

It rang through the clearing, and his mourning was done.