Le Smut

"Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you," Everyone in the room sang merrily as the candles that were decorating the fruit cake in front of me flickered. The room's lights had been dimmed so the only source of light was coming from the eighteen tiny golden flames atop my birthday cake. A lot of my friends and some of my family had gathered together and decided to throw me a huge surprise party to celebrate me becoming eighteen years old. To be entirely honest I was never one for parties, however I still had loads of fun.

My two best friends, Ninten and Lucas, had been distracting me all day by walking me all over the city doing odd jobs with them whilst also getting the opportunity to spend some of my birthday money. At the beginning I was slightly confused as every time we went into a shop they'd start whispering to each other to quickly think of another errand because "it's too early yet!" I don't know how I didn't catch onto it sooner because it wasn't exactly as if they weren't being obvious. They both might as well of had a huge sign stapled to their foreheads reading "WE'RE KEEPING YOU DISTRACTED FROM A SURPRISE BIRTHDAY PARTY."

Once we did arrive at the party (which was being held where Link worked), all the guests had popped up from their hiding spots and shouted 'surprise', catching me off guard and making me jump and yelp. Everyone had started laughing at me and once I'd calmed down I did too. We all chatted to one another, ate from the buffet, played a few party games every now and then, just the usual stuff you'd do at a party. At one point Bayonetta came out on stage, looking as fabulous as always in her blue skin tight suit, and called four of my friends up onto the stage as they had prepared something for me.

Lyra, Tetra, Aryll and Link all went up onto the stage and got into their positions. Lyra and Tetra both grabbing microphones from the side as Aryll got her violin and Link sat down at the piano in the far right corner. I was mainly keeping my focus on him as they set up and when the blonde teen noticed he grinned and winked at me, causing my cheeks to flush brightly and avert my gaze to the floor. When all four of them were ready to go Lyra spoke into the microphone.

"Okay so, we're gonna do a few songs. A few with all of us and then a couple with just two or three of us. This first was suggested by Link because apparently Villa really likes this song. I don't blame him to be honest, who could hate this song?" With that, the brunette nodded to the young girl standing by the piano and she bowed back, raising the bow up to her violin and playing the first few notes of the song. I instantly recognized it and a huge smile adorned my face.

"Yurari yurureri utakata, omoi meguru hakari..." Lyra sang the first verse of the song, her usually loud voice brought down to a calmer and softer tone. In the start, she had closed her eyes as she got into the flow but opened them gradually as she went on, a small smile on her face as she sang to the crowd. Her hand and body movements were rather graceful as if she were dancing on thin ice and if she weren't careful she'd end up cracking it and falling beneath the icy depths of the ocean blue. When it reaches the chorus the blonde haired girl joins in with the melody with a different harmony, one that was a slightly lower-pitch than Lyra's. I kept peering over at Link and couldn't stop the smile on my face growing into a grin as I watched him letting the music take over his thoughts and control his movements. He looked peaceful, as well as kind of like a dork. But he was my dork and that's all that mattered.

"Yurari yurureri utakata, omoi meguru hakari..." This time only Tetra sung the second verse, which she sung equally as beautifully as the girl on the left of her. Instead of a gentle smile she had a rather mischievous smirk on her face, and to top it off her hand and body movement was quite quick, almost forceful even. I could see what they trying to do. Lyra was supposed to be the light whilst Tetra was the dark and each were trying to gain control of your attention. Lyra with her simplistic yet entrancing dancing and her inviting nature and Tetra with her speedy as well as rather flirtatious (in a way) dancing and her devilish smile. The chorus came around again, both of them singing yet again in perfect harmony and capturing everyone's attention. I'm not surprised that they were able to do that, they'd been performing songs for years, probably longer than I had lived in Smashville for, so this should just be like second nature to them by this point. I'd be really shocked if it wasn't.