Chapter 13: Marissa

"What are you doing with my phone?" Calum asked, snatching his phone away. He looked down, seeing the text and his face went pale. "Valerie, I can explain." But I didn't let him. I got up, ran downstairs and out of the house. I couldn't believe what was happening. I should've expected this. How naive could I be? I could hear Calum calling after me, but that didn't stop me from running next door to my house. I went inside and ran upstairs to my room, shutting the door. I was so stupid for ever trusting him. I should've kept my guard up, but there was something about him. Something that felt safe, like home. It wasn't until then when I felt the warm tears, rolling down my cheeks that I even knew I was crying. I heard a knock on my door, and I managed to choke out a, "Please leave me alone!" Suddenly the door opened, despite what I had just said. Shit. How did I forget to lock my door? Marissa was texting on her phone, not noticing I was crying. 

"Do you have a charger?" She asked nonchalantly, until she looked up and saw I was crying. "What's the matter with you? Watch another sad movie?" She snorted.

I shook my head and laughed a little through the tears. She was still the same even when I was crying. "Yeah, I do have a charger. But no, not another movie. I'm actually crying for something that happened a little bit ago." I picked up the charger next to my bed and handed it to her. Surprisingly enough, she sat next to me on my bed. There was a look on her face that almost looked like concern.

"What's going on?" She asked. I was still surprised, but for some reason, I thought I should tell her. I started telling her everything that happened. She shook her head with a disgusted look on her face. "What an asshole..." 

"I just feel so stupid for thinking he would actually like me." I said.

Marissa shook her head. "No you're not. Guys can be deceiving. It's not your fault, it happens to the best of us."

"This has happened to you?" I asked. She shook her head.

"Not exactly, but I've been with a couple bad guys. You just don't let them get to you. Act like he's not worth your time anymore. It usually makes them realize what a jerk they've been and then they feel bad. He'll be begging for you back in a couple days." She paused and smiled at me. "You know what I think you should do?"

I laughed gently. "No, I don't. What should I do?"

Marissa's smile widened and she got up, walking over to the door. She paused before she left and turned back to me. "Give him hell." Once she left, I wiped my tears away that remained on my cheeks. She was right. I was better than this. But Calum Hood better watch out. He should've never messed with someone like me. I will most definitely make this next week a living hell for him, whether he liked it or not.

Author's Note: Again, not sure why I'm publishing this so early, but you don't mind, right? Still loving those comments, y'all give me life. Anyways, vote, comment, etc.