Chapter 17

Ashley's pov

"Well don't just stand there staring at it, open the dang envelope!" I yelled frantically at Soda.

"I'm opening," he said while tearing the seam rapidly. He pulled out the paper and his eyes skimmed the paper until he got to the bottom and his face went white and his jaw dropped.

"What does it say?"

There was silence as he just stared at the words on the paper in complete shock.

"Well come on spit it out," he was still silent, I snatched the paper from his hands and read the words for myself. The top was just legal crap I didn't even bother reading but the bottom was clear and jaw dropping. Sandy was suing us for 15,000 and accusing me of stealing the baby from her and her boyfriend, that little (colorful word inserted there)

"15,000" I said still not able to grasp it.

"Yea, if she wins she gets Sam and we pay her the 15 grand."

"Why'd you even date this crazy chick?"

"I'm not gonna answer that we got bigger things to worry about right now,"

"Why does she even want the baby now, she didn't want her before?"

"I don't know she's real two-sided,"

"What are we gonna do? The court date is in two days,"

"Well, she's lying and we got 9 witnesses to prove it."

"True, but one of are witnesses doesn't have a good rep with the courthouse."

"Scratch that we have 8 witnesses,"

"We gotta go talk to the gang,"

"Yea, I'll grab Sam you got Noah and Ana?" Soda asked walking into the living room.

"Yea," I said walking over to Noah and Ana's bassinet. I picked them up out of the bassinet and put one in each crease of my arm and headed for the door.

"You got the diaper bag Soda?"

"Yea, let's go." he said walking up beside me with Sam and the diaper bag.

We got in the car and Soda set Sam in her carseat and I held on to Noah and Ana. We still didn't have enough money to bye em a carseat and if we don't win this case we won't have any money at all, or a house.

Sodas pov

I'm so ticked at Sandy, I didn't think she would actually sue us, the nerve of that girl. And 15 grand really, she's real low.

I pulled into the Curtis house driveway and got out and grabbed Sam. Ashley and I both walked in and the whole gang was there even Jess, sitting on Dally's lap might I add.

"Hey Sodapop," Two-bit said causing everyone to stop there conversation and look up at us.

"Hey Two-bit," I said walking over and giving him a slight bro hug after setting Sam on the floor to roam free.

"Whatcha doing here this fine day?" he asked sitting back down on the couch and taking a swigg of chocolate milk.

"I got some news for y'all,"

"What now?" Dal asked acting irratated.

"Sandy sued us,"

"Wow, the nerve a that broad."

"I know 15,000 dollars, she sued us 15 stinking grand."

"Why does she even want the thing?" Dally asked not seeing the point of kids.

"I don't know, she didn't want Sam when she was born and all of a sudden now she wants her."

"Why'd you date her in the first place wasn't she in a crazy home for a while?" Dally asked seriously thinking what he said was true.

"No, where'd you hear that."

"At Bucks,"

"Oh well if she was she never told me,"

"So what are you gonna do?"

"I don't know,"

"I could be a witness on how crazy she is," Dally said holding his cup up and then taking a drink.

"Dally you police record wouldnt go off well in a court house,"

"Yea true," he said smiling proud at his record.

"I could be a witnes for you guys," Pony piped up.

"Yea, you've been on some dates with me and her,"

"She's definitely not fit to be a mother,"

"Yea,"

"I could probably have all ya guys be a witness minus Dally and the girls,"

"Why not us?" Calla asked.

"You haven't met her right?"

"True,"

"Actually, she's blonde right." I nodded as Taylor continued, " I saw a blonde girl talking to a tall muscular guy with brown hair and he was calling her Sandy."

"Yea, that was probably her but I don't see how that's important." I said shrugging my shoulders.

"Cause I didn't tell you what she said, she was talking about how she got knocked up from him and if she wouldn't have had to keep the secret she wouldn't have to go threw all the court bull crap,"

"Yea," I said not understanding her point.

"Soda, you're not getting this. She got knocked up from him, the babies not from you! It's from him and if she says that she's gonna get Sam, for sure."

"What, she said Sam was mine." I said running my hands through my hair and plopping down on the floor. I looked over at Ashley and she looked really odd.

"Ah what's wrong?" I asked pulling her into a side hug.

"I had a dream that the baby wasn't yours and it was her boyfriends, I'm just kinda having a freak out moment."

"Seriously, are you a physic or something." Two-bit asked fascinated.

"No, I'm just...... I don't know, all I know is I'm not a physic."

"You're sure you heard her right?" I asked turning to Taylor.

"Yea, I'm pretty sure the whole store heard it. She was yelling it like a freak show,"

"So, we're gonna lose Sam." I said looking down at her with a look of sorrow.

"No, you just gotta prove they would make horrible parents and somehow that she lied."

"Man, I hate that little jerk!" I said punching the carpet.

"Well, whens the court date."

"Two days," I replied bitterly.

"Then you got two days to come up with a convincing reason why she would never be a good mother," Taylor answered.

"Yea, and we're gonna need your guys help, all of ya."

"Let's send this little idiot outa Tulsa so hard she won't be able to even show her face!" Two-bit said excitedly.

"Yea, lets show that little broad you don't mess with greasers!" Steve yelled shoving his fist in the air.

"Now lets get some ideas," I said with thoughts flooding my mind.