Chapter 2: The Auction

Night of the Auction

The classes weren't too bad. We apparently just have to obey our masters and let them control us. That will probably be worse in person, but i was handling this better than i thought i would. Sam, the purple haired boy, had been helping me deal with things. He's really nice and has had 8 different masters. Some bad, some okay. Never really good.

I was laying on my bed and all we were made to wear was our black skinnies. All the boys had to wear them and only them. We didn't even get to wear a shirt or shoes. They jus wanted to show off our bodies and how muscly we are. We are all backstage now and I'm starting to get nervous. I've heard a lot of bad stuff about some of the masters. They keep u in cages and do stuff to you. I don't even want to know what the stuff was. They call my name out and I hesitantly walk out on the stage.

I stand in the middle of the stage and am blinded by a spot light. "This is Julian. He's 17 and is new and has never had a master. He's very easy to train and is very quiet. He might be quite fun to have around." The annoucer said. I looked around the room and there were hundreds of vampires. Some were in all black, others in reds and purples. But they all were wearing dark colors.

"Let's start the bid. How about $5000?" The anouncer said.

I just stood there, flabbergasted. The bid went up to $10,000.

"$12,000!"

"$15,000!"

"$50,000!" The rest of the vampires went silent. The man who yelled was in the back and I couldn't see him.

"$50,000 going once, going twice.... Sold to Mr. Ryder!" I looked into the crowd again but was pulled off stage.

I stood there and watch Sam get sold to the same Mr. Ryder but for not as much money. I was happy he was going with me. He was becoming my only friend. None of the other guys would talk to me.

Sam got off stage and soon we were pulled out into an empty room. A man walked in, tall and strong. I looked up at him. He grabbed Sam's and my wrists and pulled us outside to a car and threw us in. I fell in the floor and Sam fell ontop of me and quickly rolled off. He looked down at his hands and sat criss-crossed. I looked up at the man as he sat in the back seat next to us.

"I'm Demitrios Ryder. You'll call me Demitri or Master." His voice was strong and commanding and I knew that instant that he would not be a kind master. "Why are you looking at me? They were right about you being new. Do you know anything?" He looked at me with anger.

"No, not really. I was just dragged into this." He gripped my chin and turned my head sideways. Sam didn't do anything. I tried to pull my head away, but his grip was strong.

He sighed and sat back. In an hour, we pulled up to a huge mansion. Demitri got out of the car and pulled me out while Sam followed. A woman that looked about 20 came and got Sam. Demitri pulled me into the house and up the stairs into a room. I didn't even have time to see anything around the house. The room was huge and everything in it was black or red, some purple. The bed was pushed into the left corner and had black sheets, pillows, and comforter. There was a couch on the other side of the room that was red. The walls were a deep royal purple.

Demitri grabbed me by the waist with one hand and the other on my neck. He pushed my head to the side and I knew what he was doing. I tensed up and he must've felt it. "Don't worry. I'm not going to hurt you."