Lifeless

I looked at Cherry with confusion. "It was me what?" She stood tall. "Your mother killed my uncle!" I froze. "Phoenix?" She stared deep into my eyes. "Your Caroline's daughter?" Great out of all the places in the world he had to have a family member here?! "Yes I'm Caroline's daughter." I knew she was mad. But she was high and couldn't think straight, maybe she will forget the whole Caroline Phoenix thing. The next morning I woke up to men yelling and searching the place. I rubbed my eyes and got up. The door was lightly opened. I peaked into the hallway and saw nothing. Then I heard a bang on the wall and Cat screaming. There was a little hole in the wall I looked through to see a man strangling Cat by her neck and her coughing and gasping for air. I started to panic. I ran down the hallway into the kitchen and grabbed a frying pan. I ran back into the room and hit him over the head with it. He let go of Cat and we tried to leave the room but more men blocked the door. They grabbed us and through me on the floor and took Cat into the room. I looked all around for Cherry and Sissy but nobody was around. I cried. I grabbed a syringe and I managed to turn around and stab one of the men in the hand. I ran to the kitchen and looked for a knife then I finally found one. One of the men touch me, I turned around and swung at him and slicing him in the neck. I was shocked. He held his neck and started choking. He eventually fell. The another man came running at me. I held up the knife and stabbed it into his chest. I ran to the back room where Cat was lying there lifeless. He killed her. I stared at her. Then a door flew open Sissy and Cherry popped out. "Why were guys in there?!" Cherry gave me a dirty look. "Sissy's so called boyfriend locked us in there." Sissy started looking around. "Um Opal, where is Cat?" It broke me heart knowing I tried to save Cat but it wasn't good enough. "Sissy, I'm so sorry I did what I could, but Cat is dead." She froze. I grabbed her hand and we walked out the door. We got in the car and drove off. None of us said a word. Then down the road was a guy he looked hurt. As we got closer I noticed it was Leo! I told Sissy to stop the car. I got out and helped Leo get in the car. Sissy started to drive again. I questioned Leo about what happened to him. He was protecting us. I thanked him. It was around night, Sissy pulled over to sleep and Cherry was knocked out already. Leo and me stayed up for a bit talking, laughing and talking about our fears. He's so sweet. We stared at each other, then he leaned in. I just had my first kiss!