one

THERE was something serenely beautiful about the sunset on the night before moving.

Jiyeon was walking the dull streets of her small neighborhood as her boot-clad heels stomped the sidewalk.

Maybe it was the colors that dawned upon the previously blue sky, maybe it was the most colorful thing since the beginnjng of her depression, or maybe it was contrasting against her dark clothes and the gloomy place she lived in.

She stopped at the end of the street, and sat in front of the sign that read "Athens Dr."

God, Jiyeon was gonna miss this place.

She had so many friends, which, was surprising, considering she was scary to most parents. Once, when she was in fifth grade, she invited over another kid named Minyoung when he had just moved in to the house next to Jiyeon.

Of course, Jiyeon lives in the basement of her house, so she walks up these bulkhead stairs with a nine year old, and Minyoung's mother was so scared that she popped Minyoung into his toy wagon, rushed him off and never talked to him again.
(honestly does this remind anyone of a book??? i cant remember the title)

Maybe it was a mother's instinct, or maybe it was just the fact that her son was with a 5'7 11 year old.

Otherwise, she had no friends in the neighborhood. Period. Just at school.

So, moving would be a good opportunity, right?

*

Yoongi grunted as he helped his best friend Hoseok move the last box into his apartment.

"Thanks, dude, you're the best," Hoseok exclaimed. Yoongi didn't seem to buy it.

"Damn right I am, what the hell do you even have in these boxes? They weigh more than me," He whines.

Hoseok stays silent. He doesn't like it when Yoongi talks about his eating issues, yet jokes. He brushes it to the side. Knowing Jin would be pissed if he foud out that Yoongi wasn't eating. Jin acted like a mother towards them. He cared about everyone he met.

Hoseok sighs, and scolds Yoongi, "Hyung, you know that if Jin hyung finds out your blood sugar count is low-"

"I don't care what Jin hyung thinks, okay, Hoseok? I give zero shits. He's not my fucking mother." Yoongi snaps. Hoseok stands still, speechless.

"Hyung, you know you're not healthy. You know you're fucking skinny. You know that this is an issue."

And with that, Yoongi storms out of Hoseok's apartment.

*

"That's the last of 'em," Jungkook says, placing the last box of silverware onto the island of Jiyeon's new house.

"Thank you, Jungkook, for helping us. Would you like to stay for dinner?" Ms. Ko asks thoughtfully.

"I would love to, Ms. Ko, but I hope I'm not intruding-"

"Don't be silly, Jungkook!" She exclaims. "You always come over on Saturdays to have dinner with us. Anyway, Jiyeon starts at a new school Monday, so it would be good for her to spend some time with you."

Jungkook smiled, and brings the boxes into Jiyeon's new room.

The two stand in silence, awkwardly shifting their weight on both feet.

"It's... nice," Jungkook remarks.

Jiyeon nods in agreement, knowing that Jungkook's back was towards her.