Chapter 17

Chapter 17

   Kade strolls into the small restaurant with his hand tightly intertwined with Alyssa’s. The ache that it gives my chest isn’t as severe as it has been. I feel Kade’s emerald eyes blazing into the back of my skull. I begin to wonder if anyone feels the uncomfortable tension in the air like I do. I don’t know how Kade knew I was here and I am disappointed in him for showing up.

   I turn to look up at him and his eyes are locked on mine. He walks up and orders his food, breaking the eye contact for a second but soon shoots his eyes back over to me as he drags Alyssa behind him towards us.  He stomps over to the table, and snatches a chair from nearby and sits down right next to us. Alyssa looks around confused as to what he is doing then shoots a confused expression down at him.

   Kade rolls his eyes and aggressively snatches another chair from a nearby table and indicates for Alyssa to sit down. She does as told but she was confused and seemed slightly pissed off.

   Kade, Alyssa, Sean, and I are all sitting at the small table. I shoot Kade a look but he immediately directs his attention to Sean. He gives him a more than obviously fake smile, then sneers through his white teeth, “Hey, I’m Kade.”

   Sean glances over to me, giving me a puzzled look but then looks back over to Kade who is still looking at him. “I’m…uh…I’m Sean.”

   “Lovely to meet you Sean,” Kade says, his smile getting more and more devious as each second goes on. “Mind if we join you?” He says, making sure we understand that it isn’t actually a question and he’s staying even if the answer were to be no.

   “No..?” Sean says, still puzzled.

   “Great,” Kade smiles and he leans back into his chair smiling at me.

   Sean and I awkwardly sip the rest of our drinks, glancing at each other periodically. I suddenly feel a small vibration on my lab from my phone, I pick it up and open the message.

   Sean: We should get outta here.

   Just as I begin to respond Kade decides to make himself even more obnoxious and hated. “It’s rude to be on your phone during a meal, Cam.”

   I shoot him the most hateful look I can muster and continue to reply to Sean’s text.

   Camryn: I couldn’t agree more.

   “Well,” Sean begins, “we’re off, I have to go drop Camryn back off at her house and get to doing homework.”

   Kade looks to find something to say but right as he is about to say something I cut him off by standing up and saying, “yeah we’ll catch you guys later.”

   We immediately walk off and out the door, into Sean’s car. Once we are situated and buckled we both look at each other and begin to laugh vivaciously. The discomfort of the situation, for some reason, was something we found funny.

   “That was so uncomfortable.” He laughs.

   I stop laughing as hard and being to think, “I really don’t know what got into him, he is usually so chill.”

   “I don’t know but it was weird.” Sean chuckles as we drive down the highway towards my house. We pull up my small driveway and Sean looks over at me, leaning himself back into his seat further.

   We sit there for a while, not completely knowing what to do but I interject the silence with, “this has been fun.”

   We continue to small talk for a few minutes about the typical “we should do this again sometime” and whatnot then the conversation dies down as Sean begins to lean in closer to me.

   It suddenly comes to my realization that he was about to kiss me. I begin to think about whether I want to do this or not. Am I ready to start to try and fall for another boy?

  These thoughts continue to rush through my head as I try to think fact as to whether or not I was to. I suddenly decide.

   Moments later my lips were met with Sean’s…

________________________

Short chapter yall. Sorry bout the wait. Enjoy!