Power To The Local Dreamer

You are an eager fan waiting for security to let you in. You are in head to toe merch and are hoping you will get to talk to them, like any other person there. Them, your favorite band. The people who had saved you time and time again. You and a friend got tickets for the mosh pit and you were the 30th ones in line. Everything was looking up. Kind of. You knew this would be your only and last chance to thank them. You had a speech planned, but who knows if you'll ever be able to use it. You get one chance.

You hear someone scream! And yell "JOSH!! HEY JOSH!!" You look in the direction of the noise. Is this it? Is this all you get? No. You wait, and don't say a word while many people gather around in the general area of the sighting.

Once security lets you in you run. You pass people, and people pass you but you are able to get a few rows from front stage and a little to the left. "This will be perfect," you think. "This is my chance".

The opening band is good but you still can't get your mind off of the opportunity ahead. It's dark now and the stars are bright and hopeful. You hear a steady beat start to play, and everyone screams. You wait. You are ready. Tyler emerges from the fog and starts rapping the lyrics to the opening song. You get lost in their music like you would usually, except this time, you get completely lost, you can't seem to grasp that they are right there in front of you.

Once it's time Tyler prepares for crowd surfing. This is the only chance you get. You know what to do.

The mob of screaming fans slowly pushes Tyler in your direction. You grab his hand and pull it to your heart, time stops. Then calmly recite the following, "Thank you. You have saved me time and time again. But now it's time for me to stop. I need to move on and stop being this burden on others. Your music helped. It has purpose. Don't stop doing what you love and don't stop saving people. Stay alive." he turns just in time to see you let got and immediately put your right pointer across your middle and left pointer finger to represent the '|-/'.

The show goes on and a short time later, the crew pulls out the giant red hamster ball. Josh jumps in and is pushed off. He rolls in your direction, and you make eye contact, mouthing a calm "thank you".

As soon as Josh gets out of the ball, it's easy to notice he is dazed. He walks over to Tyler and they talk. The microphone isn't off so you can make out a few words but not enough to know what they are talking about. Tyler raises the mic to his mouth and says, "the person in the black and white tshirt, red eye shadow, and red, white, and black bandana, where are you?"

You realize he is talking about you after a few seconds and very shyly wave your hand, then yell "here!".

"Bring them up here" Tyler demands.

Chills run down your spine as people lift you up and carry you towards the stage. It's  quiet. To quiet. Security guards help you onto the stage. Tyler and Josh grab your hands and pull you into a long warm embrace. You cry. You thought you wouldn't be able to tell them your last goodbye. You thought this would never happen. You thought that no one cared.

After a minute of quiet, Josh runs to his drums and Tyler to the piano. He gestures for you to sit with him on the piano bench, so you start to slowly walk over to him.

They start playing a tune. He asks your favorite song, and you reply with 'Goner'. Tyler smiles his beautiful flawless smile and nods as he leans to the mic.

"We all have purpose," he says continuing the melody of repeating notes. "Everyone here is here to inspire. To impress," "We are no burden..." He looks you in the eyes "...you cannot be a burden for being you," "You are here to save. You are here to enjoy. You are here to live and find the better in this crumbling desperate world," "You cannot do this, however, hanging in a closet, or..." He wipes a stray tear that is running down his soft cheek. "...or with empty pill bottles in a limp hand," "you cannot do it with lifeless blood running down your arm, or lifelessly laying at the foot of a 20 story building," "We make this music for you," the chord pattern changes to an enjoyable and rather familiar one. "We write this music for us to tell you, to stay alive. Not for you to tell us. We should be thanking you. Not the other way around," the music stops for a beat, then Tyler sings, "I'm a goner, somebody catch my breath, I'm a goner, somebody catch my breath..."

While on stage you get their autographs on your shirt, you hug them and get a picture. You go home later that night, and throw away the suicide note you had written, that morning.

-

Remember to stay alive everyone. Life is not something to take for granted so thank everyone who supports you and listen to your favorite music while you do so. Stay strong, stay alive, and give power to the local dreamer. |-/

Sincerely, Cat