Chapter 3

Tori’s P.O.V

The meeting went amazing. Paul and Adam really seemed to like us. I was happy with the way everything turned out. I don’t know why I was so scared before the meeting, they were really the nicest and warmest people. I woke up this morning with the biggest smile on my face. We were meeting the boys today. I was petrified. I would probably do something stupid like fart in front of them. ‘Tor, get up we are going shopping. We need the perfect outfits. I’m leaving in 30 minutes.’ Jess called into the room. I dragged myself out of bed and found a pair of leggings and a jumper. I didn’t really have time to get ready like I normally do. I threw my hair into a messy bun and swiped mascara over my eyelashes. I rubbed some tinted moisturiser on, before grabbing my purse and phone. When I got down the stairs, Jess was already walking out the door. I had to run to catch up to her. I plopped into the car and Jess gave me a huge smile. She was nearly jumping in her seat. I mean she did get to meet the boys she had been dreaming about for 3 years today. I laughed at her as we drove downtown. We pulled up in front of Forever 21 and ran inside. We didn’t want to get noticed by any crazed fans. When we had announced the contract and the tour, there had been many mixed reactions. Mostly good and full of support, but others not as much. The boys had tweeted us a few times, saying congratulations.  I smiled every time I saw a message of support. It made me believe that people wanted to hear me do the thing that I love. ‘Come on the party is in 4 hours. We need to be perfect.’ Jess squeaked pulling me through the shop.

After an hour of ‘Ew.’ ‘Ugly.’ ‘Alright.’ ‘Egh.’ ‘Perfect.’ I had finally found the perfect outfit. It was royal blue with a line of crystals that lead from the shoulder to the waist, with a low to high bottom. It was so amazing. I had picked out these black peep toed shoes to go with the dress. I barely had time to pay before Jess dragged me out of the shop. We had just arrived home before she started ordering me around. ‘But in shower now.’ She screamed taking bags out of my hands. She had decided that she would finish off the outfit for me, because she had planned hers last night and was already partially ready. She threw me into the bathroom, yelling orders through the doors. ‘If you aren’t out in 10 minutes then I am coming in.’ She screamed before walking away. Some days I worried about that girl. And other days I worried more. I turned the water on and tried to ignore Jess’ screaming.

Jess hadn’t stopped pacing for the next 30 minutes while she was waiting for me to get ready. ‘Victoria Addison Carter, Simon is here with the car. We will leave without you in a minute.’ She screamed through my door. I sighed heavily. Here goes nothing. I made my way down the stairs to find Jess looking like she was going to cry. Wow, her emotions change fast. ‘Tor, you look beautiful. Come on. Simon is waiting for us.’ She smiled leading me into the limo.

About 40 minutes later we arrived at a huge mansion. There were paparazzi being held back by ropes that ran along the red carpet. They were calling out things to us as we got out of the car. ‘Girls ignore them. They are just trying to get a reaction out of you.’ Simon smiled leading us into the building. I smiled at a few photographers, not answering their questions. We walked up into the main hall and found lots of people talking and dancing. ‘Now girls have you prepared the song that you will sing.’ Paul came up asking. We both nodded our heads still star struck about who was around us. ‘Boys don’t be rude come and introduce your selves.’ Paul said to 9 boys. They turned around and that’s when I realised who I was standing in front of. ‘Hi I’m Louis.’ ‘Zayn’ ‘Liam’ ‘Niall’ ‘Michael’ ‘Calum’ ‘Ashton’ ‘And I’m Luke.’ They all said smiling at us. I smiled back, my cheeks feeling warm as I noticed Luke staring at me. ‘I’m Jess.’ She smiled shaking hands with all the boys. I know how hard this must be for her to act professional and not fangirl. But that’s the kind of person she is. Professional. I felt a nudge in my ribs as I noticed that I had started day dreaming. ‘Oh sorry. I’m Tori.’ I smiled shaking hands with all the boys. ‘Girls, it’s time for your performance.’ Simon called from somewhere. ‘That’s our cue.’ I smiled walking away. ‘Break a leg.’ They all called from behind. Jess and I made our way to the stage where Simon introduced us. ‘Ok ladies and gentleman. We have a special surprise for you. We have just signed these two girls and they have amazing voices. So here they are singing an acoustic version of the smash hit Wrecking Ball. Here we have Tori Carter and Jess Rivers.’ He smiled pointing to us. We walked on stage smiling and waving. ‘Hey guys. I’m tori and this is Jess and we are singing Wrecking Ball.’ I smiled into the microphone before starting to sing. Jess started playing the piano as I started to sing. (B-Both, J-Jess, T-Tori.)