Chapter 18

Scott sat in the hospitals waiting room, sobbing.

People stared at him but did not dare ask him what was wrong.

Everything was flowing through his mind, confusing and questioning thoughts.

Does Mitch really love me back?

Why would he try to kill himself after confessing everything to me?

Why couldn't he understand that I was here to protect him?

Why did this f***ing ***hole have to come into his life and ruin it?!

Each question screamed in Scott's head, making everything worse.

All of a sudden, the entrance doors were slammed open.

Scott didn't look up and kept his head in his hands.

"Scott!"

He heard footsteps coming towards him.

People sat down near him.

"Scott, what the hell happened?" He would recognize that voice anywhere.

Scott looked up to see Kirstie, full of tears. He looked around him and saw the rest of the gang.

But no Mitch.

Scott sobbed into Kirstie's shoulder. "I-it's Mitch.."

Kirstie started rubbing circles into Scott's back, relaxing him.

"D-do you guys r-remember Travis?"

Everyone nodded and some said yes.

"Well, he... Changed. A-a lot. He's been a-abusing Mitch! My Mitchie!! It explains why h-he's out of the h-house so much, why he has s-so many wounds, why he's s-so skinny, w-why he's been so sad. I've been o-oblivious to it this whole t-time! No more th-than 30 minutes a-ago, we've found o-out that we love each other. A-after that he was apologizing t-to me. How he kept all of th-this to himself. How h-he was an ugly, selfish fag. I tried t-telling him that he isn't but h-he ran to the bathroom. M-Mitch was telling me how h-he was not good enough for anyone. H-he couldn't handle anything a-anymore. I managed to b-break down the door and..... And he...."

Scott broke down again.

"It's all because of Travis!!"

"Sh Scotty, don't be too loud. People are staring.."

"I don't care!"

Kirstie looked to the rest of the crew. Everyone was in tears, trying to hold in their own sobs.

Dr. Monson walked out from behind the front desk, approaching the little scene.

"Scott Hoying?"

Scott looked up from Kirstie's shoulder and wiped his eyes.

"T-that's me."

Dr. Monson sat across from everyone, ready to give out the report.

"So, Mitch tried to kill himself again.."

"Again?!"

"Sh!"

Scott tried to contain his anger.

"Yes, again. This has happened before."

"W-what do you mean?"

"The drugs. The starving. The self harm. The abuse. All from what he calls a boyfriend, Travis. I'm guessing you found all of this out not too long ago."

Scott nodded, unable to speak.

"That medication I told you about to give to Mitch, those were anti-depressants."