Decisions Decisions

Matthew POV

I'm currently sitting in my office trying to finish up this contract. I've been on the same sentence for almost a half an hour.

For some odd reason, I can't get Elena off my mind. I don't know what is.

It could be because this whole co-parenting thing. I've been spending a lot of time over there with her and carter, just watching the two interact with one another. It's a sight to see. It's like they always know what each other is thinking.

"Mr. Malcalihan, Roseline is here for you" My receptionist said

"Send her in"

I heard a knock at the door "Come in" I yelled

Elena walked in looking so beautiful

"Hey babe, I was thinking instead of me bringing lunch we go out"

Did I just say Elena?

"Matty?"

Rose called my name bringing me out of my thoughts. I ignored whatever that was and nodded,  "Anything you want Rosie"

We both headed out walking to the car and taking the short drive to....the pizza shack?

I turned to look at her "Really Rose, a pizza shack"

"What?" She giggled, "I'm in the mood for Italian. We don't have to go to a fancy restaurant all the time. I thought we'd switch it up a little bit." She smiled sweetly.
"Oh and before you forget we have movie night tomorrow"

"I won't forget, I never forget"

We pulled up and got out and it turns out that it was a buffet. We got what we wanted and sat down. As soon as we settled into our little booth with our food, I heard a familiar little voice.

"Daddy!" I looked up and saw Carter tugging at Elena's hand. Eyes wide I turned to look at the expression on Rosie's face, I can't figure out if she's nervous or upset I'm not sure. She hadn't met with carter nor Elena yet, I didn't want it to be this soon. Hell I'm still getting to know carter myself.

"Hey Carter, what are you guys doing here?"

"I was hungry daddy" He said showing me his toothy smile

"Hi Mathew" Elena spoke while eyeing Rosie who stayed seated behind me.

"Hi Elena" I said surprised to see her. From what I can remember she never liked pizza.

"What are you doing here? You don't even like pizza" I chuckled

"I know, but Carter does"

I smiled at the thought of carter begging her with his big brown eyes.

"So, what are you doing here? I see you have someone with you?" Elena asked.

"Oh ummm this, this is rosy. Rosy this is Elena"
Rosy stood smiling politely while they shook hands. There was then an awkward silence between the four of us. I stared at Elena, rosy stared at carter and both carter and Elena stared at rosy, similar looks written on their faces. Confusion I believe.

"Daddy come with us to go see the avengers pleeeaaasse!" Carter asked jumping up and down, oblivious to the awkward exchange.

"I can't right now buddy"

"Well why not?" He pouted

I laughed nervously