Bionic Action Hero

Hello readers, 
I am so glad you liked Drone Alone, here is something more dramatic! 
Bionic Action Hero! Hope that you enjoy it!

~Joanna~

"Chase!" Bree yelled as she and I approached our brother on the table. I put my head on his  chest and there was no sign of breathing. "No, he is not breathing." I exclaimed panicked. Bree checked his pulse.

"There is no pulse." She whispered as tears started streaming down her face.

"No, this isn't happening. Come on Chase, come." I said shaking him when my sister pulled me back.

"Adam, Adam. It's over. He is gone. A... and it's all my fault. I felt the earth collapsing beneath my feet. "I'm the worst brother ever. All I ever did was punching him and making fun of him. I never even told him I love him."

I looked with disgust as Giselle inserted the room laughing like a maniac. "I am so sorry for your loss. You arrived too late." She said laughing harder.

"I will destroy you for what you did to him." I warned her. 

"But why mourn your brother when you can join him?" She mocked. Suddenly, the door was opened and an android got inside the room. I activated my heat vision and threw a laser on it who threw it back. Troy appeared in our vision followed by other androids. Bree and I were furious. We were ready to attack when Douglas and Leo burst in and hit the mechanic people with the gun. Giselle also fell on the floor unconscious.

"I guess the androids aren't immortal after all." Leo said.

"They are not dead, just deactivated." Our father whispered.

"It's a good line, just go with it." Leo continued. 

Douglas seemed to notice Chase because his expression changed from happy to worried. He approached the table and checked for a pulse, tears flowing. "No, no! Chase, Chase wake up! Please. Don't go. Come on, wake up." . . ..

"Douglas he is gone." My sister whispered crying. "Let's go back in the academy." I lifted my brother's body crying and we left Giselle's lair without looking back.

When the doors of hydroloop opened, we faced an angry Mr. Davenport. "Douglas, I need to talk you in private. And you guys, take Chase to the infirmary."

"Donnie... he is dead. I am sorry." Douglas spitted out. "I could not do anything." Our 'dad' came closer to me and stroke Chasey's hair.

"I am so sorry I failed you son. I love you." He said and took him in his arms crying. "I will take him upstairs. You guys have to organize his funeral. It should be something special for him. Please." He said and inserted the hydroloop.

The day reached its end quickly. Having nothing else to do than mourning for my baby brother, I sat on the couch in my room looking at our photos. I remembered when we were nine years old, he told me he wanted to become Superman, I laughed at him back then and told him that it was impossible. However, I wish I could make his dream come true. I was so angry with myself, with the whole world around me. Leo walked in the room twice but I did not speak to him. Bree came too but she went into her capsule.

It was around 11:00 pm when I saw Mr. Davenport coming and sitting next to me. "Hey buddy, how are you?" He asked rubbing my back.

"If I tell you I am okay, will you believe me?"

"I am going to miss him too. You know Adam, Chase was very special kid. Since I took you, he was always there for you. He led you well, taught you a lot of things. Not only you but me as well."

"Mr. Davenport, I don't know what I will do without him. I am already desperate. I can't..." I whispered helpless. 

"Adam, I am sure that our young Chasey is watching us right now and he wants you to smile. Come on, go to sleep! We have a long day tomorrow."

The next day came quickly. Bree and I woke up, dressed in formal black clothes. I wore a black pants, a white shirt and Bree a black dress and high heels. We went into the training area where everyone were already sitting on their chairs. Douglas and Mr. Davenport were standing in front of them, waiting for us. "Guys, let's begin." Mr. Davenport said. We all nodded with tears in our eyes.

"For me Chase was more than a brother. He was a part of me. I used to pick on him all the time but I have regretted it! I want to apologize to him for all those times..." My speech was interrupted by the sound of the hydroloop. "Who..." Before I could finish my phrase, I heard a loud noise and ran to the spot of the sound. What I saw, shocked me. "Chase?" I screamed. The others joined me soon.

"What the...?" Bree yelled. "How is this possible?"

"I don't know but he needs help. Come on let's get him to the infirmary." I protested. Chase indeed looked bad. His face was scratched and his left side was bleeding. The huge question was: "If the injured boy was my brother, who was the dead one?"

The whole family was gathered outside of the rooms waiting for the doctor to come. Bree was shaking and Leo was thinking, Mr. Davenport and Douglas went back and forth a couple times. After an hour, we heard footsteps and saw the man coming towards us. "How is my son?" Both my uncle and father asked.

"Well, apart from some superficial injuries, I stiched his side. His chip is fine and he is awake. You can see him if you want!"

"Thank you very much." Mr. Davenport said and we all walked to Chase's room.

"Hey buddy." We all told him and he smiled at us.

"Hey guys. I hope I did not worry you."

"Chase don't say that again. But how are you alive?" I asked hugging him.

"I made my android replica. Then I had a fight with that evil machine and knocked me down."

"That's brilliant.  Not that he knocked you down, that you live and I can do this." I punched him on the shoulder strong enough to make him scream in pain. 

"Why did you do that?" 

"Cause, I am glad that you are okay, man! I love you." I told him with no shame.

"I love you too Adam." He answered me. 

I had to admit. This was the best day of my life.