0.41

"i'm sorry,"you blurted out. "i'm so, so, sorry." she had a spoon of ice cream in her mouth. "for what?"she asked. you shook your head.
"i made your boyfriend look like an idiot. a cheater. a liar. i ruined your relationship." to your surprise, she just kept eating her ice cream.
"i know,"she said, after a moment of silence.
"h-how'd you find out?"
"i'm not stupid. i saw you kiss him."
"then why'd you break up with him?" she sighed.
"i have a lot of friends. but not much close friends. the difference between those two, is that one of them will be there whenever you need them, if not, all the time. a regular friend will be there whenever it's convenient. unfortunately, he was a convenient kind of guy. he wasn't close enough with me. sure, he was there to hold my hand, but not when i felt pain."
"i treated you like crap because i liked him. i was jealous. but even before that, i was still jealous. you were in the spotlight. miss perfection." she chuckled.
"i'm not perfect. those are just words. and words don't define you. but you came through in the end, and that's what counts." you smiled. you had finally made a friend you could count on.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
a u t h o r ' s n o t e
soo, that's the end of Miss Perfection. i came up with the idea, started, and finished writing all within four days. this is a short book, with short chapters, but i really felt i needed to write more stories in a first person perspective. i'm debating on sequel, (comment your opinion)but if there is a sequel, it would definitely be based on her. i hope y'all enjoyed reading this story as much as i had enjoyed writing it. thank you for getting this story to #148 in General Fiction. please vote and comment!