Chapter 1: Estorra Online

When I saw that hard copy sitting in front of me, I knew that I had done something good. I had bought Estorra Online, the only VRMCMMO on the market currently. Since I was one of the first 250 people who bought Estorra Online, I was able to participate in the Beta Testing of the game, which was a huge honor. I almost didn't make it in time, because after 250 people bought the game, no more copies would be sold until the Beta Testing was done. But it wasn't until after the Beta Testing that I realised that something was very wrong. It was the release of Estorra, and all of the players were gathered on Stage 1: Carbonek, aka Bonek or Carbonek, waiting for the Gamemaster to present the Opening Ceremony. A beep was heard and everything faded to black as a video began to play. It spoke about the 500 stages of Estorra, and BALOR, the final boss, how you only have one life, and how some of the names in Estorra are based off Celtic myths, and so on and so forth.

Suddenly, the screen turned red, and a low voice growled, "YOU CANNOT LOGOUT. FINISH THE GAME, ONLY THEN WILL YOU BE ABLE TO LEAVE THE GAME. BEWARE, IF SOMEONE TRIES TO REMOVE YOUR HARDWARE, YOU WILL DIE, AND IF YOU DIE IN THE GAME, YOU WILL DIE IN THE REAL WORLD" My breath caught in my throat, as voices started to yell profanities into the air. Once the red faded away I know I had to fight my way to the top from the start, so I pushed away from the crowd and ran towards the closest village, Iseult, to gain all the loot and XP I could get before the other players came to their senses. When I had collected enough Febal (Estorra's currency) from the monsters around the village, I entered Iseult and started towards one of the AI's that was selling armor and weapons so I could buy some better gear.

Word count: 340 Words

A/N: That was short, but I want feedback on how my writing is. I've never done this before, but I think I rushed things a bit too much.