Basic Tips For Studying

So let's start off with some simple basic tips for studying before we go into what tips work best for certain things

Tip 1: Highlight- This seems pretty basic but it works. Highlight important things in your textbook like definitions or something else that is important.
Tip 2: Post its- If you aren't allowed to highlight or write in your textbooks then use post it notes and put them next to important information, it works just as well.
Tip 3: Post its/Door- Another good study tip is writing important stuff on a post it note and stick it on your door. That way, you can look at it every time you walk out your door. You can also put these on your mirror or anywhere else you see many times a day. I did this and I got 100% on my test.
Tip 4: Music- It has been proven that listening to music doesn't help you while studying. It has also been proven that not every study tip works for everyone, so if you think music helps you then listen to music, if you don't think it helps you, then don't listen. If you do listen, don't spend a lot of time trying to find the write song.
Tip 5: Distractions- If you have a problem with checking your Instagram or Twitter every five minutes then put a block on your phone. It allows you to be able to lock your Instagram/Twitter/Any other website until you are done studying.
Tip 6: Summarize- Summarize what happened in each class on a sheet of paper every day. When your done, go through your notes taken the same day and see what you missed, then write what you missed back on your summarization paper so you have a higher chance of remembering it.
Tip 7: Do the readings- Do the readings you guys. I know it's boring and it sucks but trust me, next time you have a test most likely a good portion of the test will be on the readings. Don't just read it either, take notes, trust me.
Tip 8: Ask for help- I know a lot of you don't want to ask a question in front of the class because your shy or you think it's a stupid question. You don't have to ask your teacher in front of the class, you can meet with them after class and ask them then, or email them. If not, ask one of your friends/ someone else in your class that you trust.
Tip 9: Study Groups- Okay this may seem weird but form a study group. Sometimes studying with close friends isn't the best idea because you'll get off track by talking about something else. Make a study group with people you don't really talk to, and meet up in a quiet place, like a Barnes and Noble if they have tables and chairs there.
Tip 10: Wear comfortable clothes- Wear comfortable clothes while you study, that way you won't be agitated and trying to fix your outfit because it is bothering you.
Tip 11: Teach the material to someone else- Teach the material to someone else in your class, it benefits both them and you. If you know you're going to need to teach what your learning, you will remember things better and do a better job teaching and on the test. It's a proven fact.
Tip 12: Set a timer- Set a timer to work on one piece of homework and don't stop until the timer is up. When the timer stops, take a short 15 minute break then get back to another piece of your homework.

A/N: If you have any more basic tips for studying mention them in the comments so you can help other people out. I will make another chapter of basic study tips later on when I find out more study tips that actually work :) message me if you need help with homework (not a good idea to ask me for math homework unless your below algebra, I suck at math I'm sorry)