-Ginger-

Dear Teagan,
    I didn't want you to call, but when you did, I didn't want you to hang up. In the past 10 hours, it's hard to believe you're an actual person. You're a mystery, and even if it means talking to you, I will figure it out.
      Sam.

Sam sat on his bed, his room a mess. That's how it always was. Organized in his very own special way. He'd been playing video games for a couple hours. His phone vibrated, which was unusual, so he immediately jumped at it.

An unknown number had called him 5 times.

Sam sighed, he knew exactly who it was. Who else would have his number and continue to call when he didn't answer.

Sam was about to put his phone down, but once more the number called. At first, he was just going to let it ring and ring and ring. But at the last moment, he answered. Almost at impulse.

"Yellow?"

"SAMUEL!"

"Is this-"

"You will not believe what just happened!" She interrupted. "So I go home, and get locked out of my house, and so I go back to the library to look for you..."

Her voice faded, as she carried on and on. He put her on speaker and continued to play video games, while she continued to talk without taking a breath.

"Sam, what's your moms name?"

Sam stopped, how had he blocked her out for 10 minutes and that had somehow come through.

"Vanessa." Maybe he was overreacting, he shouldn't be this shocked over questions about his mom. He just hated talking about his family.

Teagan sighed, "Samuel, do you think I'm pretty?"

Why was she asking all these questions, awkward questions. Uncomfortable questions.

"Everyone's pretty in their own way." He stuttered, he could barely get it out.

"I think your pretty Samuel." This came as a shock, no one thought he was attractive. Even if they did, they never told him.

"Why's that?" He asked, it came out desperately. He needed to know what he was missing, he thought maybe this is why everyone snickered when he came into class.

"You have the most gorgeous eyes I've ever seen, and your hair." She exclaimed, "some girls would kill to have you."

He laughed, and it seized some of the tension away. "Yeah, right."

"My boyfriend," his heart dropped, "he hasn't talked to me in two days, but when he comes back, I'm going to tell him all about how I made a new friend."

"You have a boyfriend." He almost whispered. He didn't know why he was feeling like this, he barely knew this girl. In fact she knew more about him then he did her.

"Yes!" She exclaimed, you could tell she loved talking about him.

"His name is Justin, he goes to Brockhan."

Again her voice faded, he didn't like this girl. Fuck, he didn't even know this girl. Yet, here she was giving him mixed feelings.

He had not for one second thought about her in that way. He liked her appearance, and he halfway liked her personality. Maybe somewhere in the back of his head, he thought just maybe. But that little thought had been destroyed by this Justin character.

He knew exactly who Justin was, they'd been going to the same school since elementary. He wondered why he'd never seen Teagan before. He concluded that Teagan, didn't go to Brockham. So, why was she at Brockham's library.

Teagan was till going on, when Sam decided to interrupt her. "Teagan."

"Yes?"

"What were you going at the library if you don't go to Brockham?" He asked, and for the first time Teagan didn't say a word.

It was quiet for a few seconds, "I-I," she started, but she didn't finish.

"Sam, I gotta go. I'll talk to you later okay?"

"But, Teagan-" the phone clicked, and he was left in his thoughts. 

Unedited