Reasons to Love (Cliff Burton)

June '85

-Ride The Lightning Era

(Cliff's POV)

   Its about time we all had a day off on a Friday. This is my only chance that I've always wanted to treat (Y/N) very special. Not like proposing to her, which can wait for awhile but treating my queen for all the sacrifices she has done for me and all the shit we've been through. No other girl has never deal with my shit before, but (Y/N) changed my life. That's the reason why I'm planning a small picnic at the local park. Right now, I'm just wiping my red Rickenbacker 4001 bass with my cigarette, like always. I glanced at the clock, its 3:30pm. She's off around 2 hours, which I have the time to go shopping and I'll call her right away so I can pick her up. I placed my bass inside the case, smudged my cigarette on the ash tray, and dialing on the telephone.

"Hello?" Hearing her voice keeps me warm inside. "Hey babe, how's work?" I asked. "So far, so good, why?" She asked. "Nothing, I'm just thinking about you everyday and I wanted to take you out after work." I smiled. "Oh ok, babe! I can't wait to see you, its been awhile since we went out together, you know?" Her tone of excitement is the cutest. (Even though I don't use that word that often, except Y/N.) "Yeah, its been awhile and I'll pick you up today when you're off and I'll meet you at the front of the cafe." I contiued to smile. "Alright baby, I'll see you later, I gotta make the orders, love you!" "Hehe, love you too baby girl." We ended the call, I decided to fresh up, picking out an outfit from my closet. I picked out my dark blue flannel with my dark bell bottoms. Got the outfit done, check. Time to shower. I opened the faucet of the bath tub in warm water, entering inside the heat, massaging the coconut oil shampoo around my scalt and scrubing a bar of Dove on me.

   10 minutes later, drying myself with a cotton towel, adding pine scent of dedorant while putting my clothes on. I comb through my hair on repeat, brushing the minty taste on my teeth, done and done. Last but not least, spraying colonge before I go. Walking down to my 1976 chevy pick up truck, entering the keys to start the engine and heading to the market. Done and done with shopping. I gather all the groceries and also bought roses for her. I placed it on the vase temporary while making sandwiches. Found a small wooden basket, adding bottles of booze, snacks, and a blanket. Placing everything I needed until I glanced at the time, its already 5:20pm?! "Oh shit!" My eyes widen, I quickly grabbed the roses and the basket with me to the door. I unlock the truck, carefully placing the roses next to me, and hiding the basket at the back. Once again starting the engine, now heading off at the cafe. Driving from side to side, passing from cars to cars, and found the perfect parking at the front. I panicked a bit, looking back the time from the radio, I made it 2 minutes early. That should be a record. I fixed my collar, adding a bit of colonge, and all of a sudden she's here. She smiled at me, I quickly got off the truck and carried her.

"Ah!" She squealed when I spinned around her. "Hey baby, I miss you." I said, attacing kisses all over her. "I miss you too, honey, where are we going?" She blushed by looking down. ''Its a surpise." with a cheesy grin. I opened the door for her, offered her roses. "Aww thank you, they're so beautiful." "Not as beautiful, as you." with a quick peck on the lips. She blushed even more, wrapping an elbow around mine while driving. It didn't took long as we arrive at the park. "Are we feeding the ducks?" She asked. I laughed the face she makes when she's all confused. "Hell no, we're having a picnic, just and me." by holding a basket from the back. We were hand to hand, finding the right place to have a picnic. "Look babe, over here." Perfect. There's a little hill of a large tree in the corner. As we contiued to walk, I lift her up again and ran across the green field. "AHHH! HAHA! I'M GONNA FALL!" (Y/N) laughed holding my neck tightly and we collaspe. I fell on my back, the basket is still on my hand and she fell on my top of me. "OUCH!" I shouted by pretending  in pain. "You see, I told you."

  "Will see about that." I grabbed her cheeks, kissing non stop, dancing tongues swirled on our mouths. Her hands gripped my chest firmly, I grabbed the back of her bun and removed the hair tie. She unbutton my collar shirt, sucking my neck, while my hands traveled down under her skirt. I massaged into circles around her clit, through her panties. "Ah baby, that feels good when you do that." She moaned into my ear and I continued what she says...We switched our postions, I tear each buttons on (Y/N)'s shirt with my teeth, she removed her bra, I sucked her harden nipples of her breasts firmly. She moaned a bit louder.

"Ok, you were right." I spoke and she look up at  me with a seductive smile. ''HA. I knew I was right. We would've end up landing on the pond. Hey babe, just a curiosity, why are you doing this for me? Not in a bad way, I had a great time with you." She peck on my cheek. ''No problem, baby, its not that we haven't hangout together, there's a reason why I'm doing this just for you...The reason why I'm doing this is because I appreciate the things you have done for me and the shit we've been through...I'm sorry for putting up my bullshit, you were always there for me to cheer me up, regardless of my temper, you're the only cure that keeps me calm, I'll never leave you ever again, I don't want to be that asshole who treated his girl like shit and not giving her enough credit for my forgiveness...I love you very much deep down from my heart. I wanted to raise a family together, growing old together, and die together. " That's the reason why I'm treating your royalty as my queen, my girl, my one and only, (Y/N)." Tears shattered across her cheeks, she immediately slammed our lips, twirling our tongues with a hint of salt from our tears. "Oh Cliff, that's also the reason why I fell in love with you since day one. I knew we can do this, I'll always be there through thick and thin. You're my shinning knight, my light to my guide...I promise I'll never leave you ever again and I will always love you till' the end of time..." We lay each other's heads while watching the orangey sunset glowing...