Chapter nine

Scorpio's POV

I slowly walk to my room, rolling the memory ball between my fingers. All we know is that they will basically make our families forget us. We're stepping into an unknown world, a place where there's dangers and powers, and demons.

    I step into my room and look around. All my posters and knickknacks, my bed and books.
    "This is.....bloody hell." I whisper to no one. Out of my closest comes my big black suitcase with big whales on it. Into it goes half my clothes, four pairs of shoes, a soft blanket, my favorite pillow, a bunch of hats, all my bathroom stuff, all my jewelry and as many books as I can put in it. At the last minute I throw in my special black bag, it clinks as I toss it in.

    In my backpack is my three most empty sketch books, two novels, a pencil case full of art supplies, my stuffed kitten, charger cord and headphones, a water bottle, my wallet, a scrapbook full of pictures, a king sized Milky Way (just because, well duh), a pack of cards, a small blacker and my neck pillow.

Just as I close up my big suitcase I see my most special trinket, a small glass scorpion. Putting into it's small box, I tuck it into my suitcase. As soon as my suit case is closed I get a phone call. I look at the caller ID to see it's a new number. I decline and start cleaning my room. Before long I notice something is missing. Tomato. My adorable, crazy and hard to not notice puppy.

    "Tomato! Where are you buddy??" I call to my room. No answer, not even a small bark. Crap,crap, crap! I curse to my self. I dash downstairs to see my mother walking in with Tomato on his leash.
    "Thank God!" I exclaim upon seeing both of them.
    "Honey are you ok? You know I alway take Tomato out when I go on my evening walk." Oh.
    "Heheh....yeah I knew that." Not. I give her a awkward smile and pick up Tomato, unclipping his leash.
"Ok later Mom." She smiles at me and starts walking to her room.

Taking Tomato up to my room I ponder on how to bring him with me. Then I remember his little kennel in the basement. That's what my parents brought him home on before they put him into the big box. Leaving him in my room I dash back downstairs and slip into the basement. As I wander down there, in the dark I might add, as I wanted to sneak around and forgot how dark it got down there, I see a huge picture. I stumble my way over and see it's of my family six years ago.

   October looks so little in her blue dress. Mom and Dad look absolutely wonderful and I look so happy. I remember that day, it's was before I met Conner and the Scorpions. Before all that happen. I unconsciously reach up and touch my left shoulder blade. Shaking away all the unhappy thoughts I turn around to see the kennel. Grabbing it I trip my way back to the upperworld.

   When I finally make it out I basically crawl my way to the kitchen to get some food. As I drag my way across the floor into the kitchen I see box of donuts sitting on the table, I bet Mom got them from her work. Every morning they have donuts and sometimes she bring the extras home.
   "Mahahaha!" I laugh evilly as I stand up and sprint to the donuts.

Flipping open the box I see seven donuts. Two glazed, a maple glazed, a chocolate with sprinkles, two jelly donuts and my personal favorite, cinnamon sugar. I quickly grab the cinnamon sugar donut and shove half of it on my mouth. Holding the donut in one hand and the kennel in the other I slowly walk upstairs hoping that I can avoid the rest of my family to make sure there are no awkward questions.

Unfortunately luck was not on my side as I walked upstairs. Just as I was three feet from my room I heard a loud voice.
    "Scorpio!"
     "Mom, what are you doing there?"
     "Really?"
     "It was worth a try."
     "Why do you have a donut in your mouth?"
     "Uhhh....it's a donut and your supposed to eat them?"
      "Ok but you better be hungry for dinner."
       "Yes ma'am." And with that I slowly walk into my room. As soon as I reach my bed I shove the other half of donut into my mouth and set down the kennel.

     I quickly fill the kennel with Tomato's bed, his blue blanket, a few dog toys, a food bowl and water dish made for pets in cars or planes, his teddy bear and a tennis ball. In a small side bag I put some food, treats and extra water, his leash and a bone. When I'm done I pull out my phone and check to see if I've been texted. Sure enough there a text from Virgo.
     Ok, so just tell your parents that Aqua is picking you up. He's bringing the truck to all the houses closest to him. You, Pi, Leo, Cap and meh.

     Ok I tell them that. Damn this is gonna be hard. Who has the tickets??

    Libra. She and Pisces split the stuff.

    Okie. Later....

   I hear my mom call to me and I jog downstairs to get dinner. I dash into the dining room to see my family sitting at the table eating pizza. I slide into my seat and grab a piece of pepperoni pizza.

     After dinners over we all have a donut/movie party. October and me snuggle on the couch as Dad makes popcorn and Mom pick the movie. When the popcorn is done Mom makes her final choice. As she puts the DVD in the title of the movie shows on the screen, The lion, the witch and the wardrobe. The old version.
By the time the movies over its 10:38 and all of us are exhausted. I stand up and give each of them a big hug before I go upstairs. They all return it confused, they think I'm crazy but they don't understand. 

     So any ideas who Conner is?? Also feel free to comment! I love having conversations with readers!!