My Melancholy Life

A.N-

Picture: Ravyn's house.

All Rights Reserved

-

After the party that night, I tried falling asleep, but all I kept thinking about was the way Ryder had acted. He left for years and then after he came back for two days, he was ready to leave again. I didn't know what was going through his head and I didn't want to try and get past his block. If I do, he might leave again. 

Men. I thought as I closed my eyes for the hundredth time, trying to sleep. I was almost asleep... almost, when I heard my window move. I sat straight up in my bed and jumped up towards the window. When I saw who it was, I relaxed a little bit, but not before tensing up again.

"What are you doing here?" I hissed. I didn't even bother helping him open the window. I thought it was pretty funny watching him struggle on the second story of my house.

"Ravyn! Help me!" Tyler whisper-yelled.

"Fine." I groaned and opened the window. I stood back and he jumped inside.

"What are you doing here?" I said lowly so my dad couldn't hear, even though he's downstairs, sleeping in his room. I wasn't really afraid of Wes hearing because he knew nothing was going to happen. And if it did, he'd bust through the door and rip Tyler's throat out.

"I came to apologize. Ryder was just being stupid and I didn't mean to ruin your party." Tyler's eyes were pleading with me to forgive him. I mean, I wasn't as angry at him as I was at Ryder, but he still did cause a scene... even if nobody but me saw it.

"Dah, you know I forgive you, Tyler. I just don't know why it had to happen there. I mean, couldn't whatever you guys were fighting about, wait for another day? Preferably not in my backyard?" I chuckled.

Tyler seemed to lighten up when he heard I forgave him, and then laughed with me at the end.

"Yeah, well, it wasn't my plan to have any conversation with him at all, but when he practically pulled me outside by my neck, I really had no way to get out of it." Tyler scoffed as if remembering the incident that had occured only hours earlier.

"What were you guys talking about?" I asked the most obvious question and the one that had been on my mind the whole night. As if expecting that question, Tyler replied as soon as I asked it, but he didn't seem rushed.

"Just this girl that Ryder liked before he left. He thought I was moving in on his 'territory' when he came back. He's just paranoid." He just shrugged it off like it was no big deal. I was gonna let it go, but then something popped into my mind.

"If he's just paranoid, and it's not a big deal, then why did you say she wanted to be with you?" At this, Tyler seemed to tense up, but his face lay unchanged.

"She's just obsessed with me, that's all. At first, I thought we could give it a go, but then she turned out to be a freak. Ryder can have her for all I care. I have somebody more important." A playful smirk came upon his lips and I couldn't help return it. Tyler took one step forward, I took one step back. We kept at this until I hit the wall. Then, Tyler closed the five foot gap that was in between us, in seconds.

"Is that so?" I questioned, eager to hear his response.

"Well, yeah. At least, I hope she is." Tyler said, breathing on my neck. This sent shivers up my spine and I never wanted this moment to end.

"I'm fairly positive that she is more important." I told him with a flashy grin.

"I'm not too sure..." He explained, trailing off. While he moved his head around to the other side of my neck. His hands were intertwined with mine as they hung by our waists.

"I can prove it to you." With that, his head came up and he looked me in the eyes.

"I don't think you can." He shook his head, not once breaking eye contact.

"Have I ever lied to you?" Tyler thought about it for a second before giving me a full fledged smile and shook his head.

"Not yet." And with that, he closed the gap between our lips.

Kissing him was like breathing. It just came naturally. It was the one thing that I couldn't live a day without, now that I had it. His hands came up to my face as he held my head, ever so gently. My hands went up around his neck and became entangled in his hair, pulling him closer.

Tyler let go of my face, but not breaking the kiss. He placed his hands on the wall behind me and leaned into me more. I smiled in the kiss, as did he.

Before I knew it, we were both walking towards my bed. Tyler broke the kiss for a brief second to take his shirt off and I admired his beautifully sculpted body before placing my lips back onto his.

Right when we were about to lay down on my bed, the door swung open to find a very tired, but very angry younger brother.

Tyler stepped away from me, quickly, I might add. And before Wes could reach him, I stepped in front of them. My brother's eyes burned holes into Tyler's as he stared at him with hate.

"Wes." I said quietly, but loud enough to get force across. His eyes flickered to mine for a split second before he turned his gaze back on Tyler. "Wes." I said a bit louder. Finally, he turned his attention towards me as I backed up into Tyler. His arms snaked around my waist and my brother growled at this.

"Weston, I need you to calm down." I could feel Tyler's breathing against my back. It wasn't uneven, but it was faster than normal.

"Do you hear me?" I questioned him. Wes was looking at me, but he had a dazed look in his eyes. If he gets any more out of it, he'll change into a wolf, right in the middle of my room. He needs to be listening to me to pull him back into his human form.

"Weston Tomas Smith, listen to me!" I used my Alpha tone again and Wes snapped back into reality. His eyes were no longer glazed over, but he did start glaring at Tyler again.

"What is he doing here?" Wes said with clenched teeth, fists balling at his sides.

"You need to calm down before I can explain anything to you." I held my hand out as if to calm him down, but it only made him angrier.

"Tell me why he's here!" He yelled which made me flinch. Tyler felt my flinch and moved to the side of me.

"Don't yell at her!" Tyler told Wes. I got in front of Tyler again before he could get in front of me. Wes took a step towards Tyler and I held out my hand. It collided with his chest, but he stopped.

"Tyler, I need you to shut-up right now. And Wes, I need you to understand that nothing was going to happen." He scoffed at this. "You know me, Wes. You know I'd never do anything I'd regret or do anything foolish. It's OK. Nothing was wrong. Tyler will leave soon. Just, go back to bed. We can talk about this later." I wanted nothing more than for everybody to leave and for me to go to sleep.

"Fine." Was all he said before he unclenched his fists and walked out the door. I let out a huge breath and turned around to Tyler. He still had an angry expression on his face, but everything was calm now.

"Tyler, I'll see you tomorrow." I told him, which meant that he had to leave now.

"Yeah, I'll see you." He replied, gently kissing me on the lips. Tyler opened the window and climbed out. I watched as he jumped down and started running towards his house. Before he got too far away, he turned back and blew me a kiss. I just laughed and made a hand motion for him to keep moving. He laughed as well and turned back around.

I was leaning my head back in my room when I noticed something out in the woods towards my right. It was a pair of eyes staring back at me and I bet you a hundred dollars I knew who it was.

-

A.N-

Picture: Ravyn's house.

All Rights Reserved