Extended Summary

From an early age, Newt Artemis Fido Scamander had always had a fondness for anything to do with magical creatures. Coming from a pureblood family, he had always had a strong mindset on finding the deadliest, most wonderful creatures. His mother, Arabella Scamander, and his father, Reginold Scamander, didn't know much of Newt's secret interest and hobby in fantastic beasts. At night, he would sneak through his window and run into the forest to look for wonderful beasts. Although his mother was a hippogriff breeder, Newt would rather that his hobby didn't leak into his home life.

But when life got in the way of his plans for the future, all he could do was pray that no one really knew what he was up to. Going to Hogwarts and being sorted into Hufflepuff, he snook out into the dark forest to find the creatures he was looking for. With Alfred Thompson (or Al as Newt called him) who was desperately trying to stop his friend from getting killed during his rather short five years at Hogwarts, he must become the mazoologist to stop the beasts...and also help them at the same time.

"I want to find fantastic beasts that would stun muggles, and beasts that would discombobulated even the most powerful witches and wizards. And I want to help those creatures." - Newt Scamander