Chapter Five

The train journey seemed to last an eternity to Newt. Alfred was staying rather quiet whilst he fidgeted with his fingers and looked out of the window. His parents were hoping that he be put in Gryffindor like his father was and like his father had been and so on. Whereas Newt didn't really care, he was too busy thinking of what an adventure Hogwarts could be for the two of them. He did have a point, though. There were ghosts everywhere and trouble around every corner. Famous and rich wizards had all gone to Hogwarts and some had even become famous ministers.

"Wouldn't it be nice, Al?" Newt started with his feet up on the seat, a smirk edging into his smile. "Wouldn't it be nice to become one of the most famous wizards in history?"

All his friend did was laugh a little and glance impatiently out of the corridor at the people running by and banging onto their compartment. "I guess it would be, but I wouldn't like the attention. What if you get some unwanted attention? What if someone has made a shrine of you in their attic?" Alfred asked.

"A shrine?! That's the least of my worries!" Newt laughed. "Seriously though, a shrine?"

"Yes, a shrine! What if you gather some attention from...dark wizards...what then? Are you still going to go around boasting about all the 'magical' creatures you've captured?" Alfred asked, edging towards him solemnly.

"You worry too much..." Newt said, glancing at his friend.

"I worry because I care, not because I'm some mindless idiot who thinks it's necessary to throw in a 'be careful' every so often! You have scars and scratches on you from every beast encountered and soon, you'll meet more beasts and not the friendly types, the vicious ones. So please, Newt, if you have any regard for your own safety, try and tone it down a little?" Alfred asked.

Newt thought for a minute then sighed. "You know, I think you may be right. I've been foolish recently and now I need to be more careful."

"Thank you!"

"Do you think the care of magical creatures Professor will lend me a pair of gloves?" he smirked.

All Alfred did was stay still will an unchanging frown across his face. He crossed his arms and rolled his eyes at his friend. "You'll never change, will you?"

"Not one bit."