CHAPTER ONE

Amelia's POV

I grunted as I took another step. Just a bit more, and I'll be able to relax, I thought as I looked at my destination, Juhi's Cafe.

Juhi's cafe was a small yet a cozy cafe in this small town, Alaska. I know the owner, Juhi, she's an old woman in her late fifties but she's really nice and kind.

Sometimes I admire her strength. She's so darn strong and brave that I wish to be like her.

She lost her husband after two years of her marraige, she was only 17 and had a baby. Yet she didn't loose courage.

I know this cafe was her dream. After her husband's death she worked hard to built this on her own.

She refused to take anyone's help that she was offered and she refused to marry again and move on from John, her husband.

From anyone's help I mean the Kingston's. Kingston's are the most important people of this town.

They own half of this town and what they don't, they've helped the owners to built it.

I don't know much about this town but I know a little bit, as I'm living here since four months.

I'm snapped out of my thoughts as I reached the cafe.

As I opened the cafe's door, the bell chimed attracting the attention of the people inside towards me.

I went to the counter and smiled instantly as I saw the familiar face of Juhi.

Juhi was a short petite woman over 4'9", with grey hairs, tan skin and coincidently the same shade of grey eyes as mine.

"Evening Juhi," I greeted her in what seemed like a tired voice.

"Hello dear, you seem tired, are you okay?" She asked concerned.

Oh you don't know, I'm tired as hell. It feels like I'm gonna faint any moment. But I'm not gonna tell her that.

Whenever I'm with her there is some weird feeling in the pit of my stomach.

I can't exactly pinpoint it but whatever it is, but it feels good...it feels like I'm with someone familiar, someone whom I already know and not some stranger.

It's rediculous, I know.

I shake my head trying to clear my mind.

"I'm fine, can I've a hamburger with some fries and a coke?" I asked giving her a lazy smile.

"Sure dear," She said and went inside.

She came back after a few minutes with a tray of my order in her hands.

"Here you go," she said placing the tray on the couner.

"Thanks," I paid her and took the tray with me.

I raked my eyes over the cafe quickly scanning the place and was happy when I realised that there were less people than usual.

As I went to sit over an empty spot near the corner, I saw a table full of high school students who study in the same school where I teach.

Oh yeah, I'm a preschool teacher. I'm actually from Maine but I somehow managed to get a full scholarship for my collage.

Shocking, I know but I've worked my ass of for it.

I sat on the chair with my food on the table.

I took my laptop and earphones out my bagpack and put it on the table.

I took a bite of a fry with some ketchup as I opened my laptop and plugged in the earphones.

I thought of video chatting with my mother but then settled with my best friend, Abigail, deciding to call my mum when I'm at my home.