Chapter 2: The Elemental Shards

As the heroes fell into the first realm, Chara and Purge began the same journey: the Quest for the Soul Crystal.

Frisk's POV

We fell through the hole and found ourselves in a castle. Outside the window, the only source of light was the moonlight. I looked at Armon, then at Sans. I clutched the knife in my hand, sweat dripping down my face. I let out a loud battle cry and felt something pulse in the dagger as I charged.

"Mistress, wait!" Armon yelled. I froze. "Your magic is stronger here." I looked at the single-edged dagger and saw a jagged, glowing red blade extending from the old, metal blade. But it vanished immediately. I sighed and looked at the Djinn.

"First of all, call me Frisk," I replied. "NOT Mistress. Second of all, what magic? And lastly, where the heck are we?"

"Very well. Your magic might come from, or be connected to, your DETERMINATION. Like how Mana allows my magic to work. At least, that is my theory. And this is the Night Temple. It contains the magic and stories of all one thousand and one Arabian Nights. Or rather, gateways to the Arabian Nights. We came here for the Elemental Shards," he explained. "These Shards are part of a legendary crystal filled with an immense forgotten power." This piqued my interest.

"Tell me more. What kind of power?"

"The Elemental and Gaia Shards combined with the Core Gem can give one the strength of a god. Purge is after these Shards. If he obtains all seven, then the world is lost."

"If that's how it is, I'll need a new knife."

"Hey, kid," Sans interrupted. "I don't mean to be rude, but why're you so mad at me?"

"Well, let's see. Maybe because you tried to kill me when I FINALLY showed you some mercy!" I shot back. The Skeleton crossed his arms.

"It's what you would have deserved, you dirty little brother killer."

"We have a lot of work to do," I heard Armon sigh.
------------------------------------------------------
Asgore's POV

I looked around to see a town. And next to me was the flower that was once my son.

"We should find Chara," the flower suggested. "But just know that should we see Sans, I'll kill him. And don't think you're off the list either, Asgore!" Flowey growled. I frowned.

"Son, please understand. I cannot change you back, but I can help you remember who you really are: my son and heir to the throne."

"Gah! Why are you being such a sap? Fine. Guess I have to trust you to survive."

"We should find some water." We looked around and saw a man in a turban. "Howdy! I am King Asgore of the Underground."

"And I'm Flowey! Flowey the Flower!"

"Greetings. I am Ali Baba."

"Wait. Ali Baba? As in the one whose slave outwitted the Forty Thieves?"

"Former slave. Now my daughter-in-law."

"Yes. I have heard of her wits. And the treasures of the Forty Thieves."

"Yes. But they have returned for some mysterious reason. I have a plan, but we will need the Genie of the Lamp. Follow me." Ali led us to a cave entrance that was sealed off.

"I recognize this place," I whispered.

"Open Sesame." At Ali Baba's words, the rock moved, revealing mountains of treasure and a single carpet. He gave us the carpet. "This will take you to the capital. You will need to talk to Aladdin about the Genie of the Lamp." I nodded.