Chapter Five

It has been a week now since Harry and I went public with our relationship, and I really had nothing to complain about. The hate on twitter was dying down as the time went on and the press had nothing but nice things to say about me. I was loving life for the first time in a while, and I never wanted it to end.

“Hanna,” I heard Harry call out in the living room as I was trying to get ready for the day, going out with Dani, El, Perrie, and Kella. 

“Yeah, babe?” I tied my long curls back in a ponytail and walked over to where Harry was sitting on the couch, looking at a magazine.

“Look,” Harry turned the magazine around to show me a page where the two of or faces were plastered across it. It was from the day that Harry and I made our beautiful relationship public. 

“What magazine is that?” I asked Harry with a smile on my lips, surely making my dimple appear. I looked at the front cover, horrified to see that not only were the both of us on the front cover, but also this was a magazine that they sold across the world. That meant that if, no. It couldn’t happen. It’s too far fetched. Jean.

If Jean saw me on the front cover of that magazine, then she would know exactly where I was. She would come out here and force me to be her maid and butler once again. I started to panic, hyperventilate, sob.

“Hanna, what’s wrong? You’re worrying me?” Harry pulled me down to sit next to him on the couch and grabbed both of my hands. He looked straight into my brown eyes , concern in his, and tried to calm me down.

“Jean,” I muttered out, not saying it to him, but to myself. “Jean,” I kept repeating myself, making me get more and more upset each time I opened my mouth to say that one name of the person who had ruined my life.

“Your foster mum?” I looked up to see a confused Harry, trying to figure all of this out. “What does she have to do with this?”

“I can’t go back.” I muttered, looking of into the distance of the room, again meaning to say it only to myself. 

“Go back where Hanna, please tell me.” I looked at Harry again, this time planning on telling him all about Jean’s shenanigans and episodes of anger. Tears were streaming down my cheeks as my shaking hand escaped Harry’s grasp to wipe it away.

“Jean, my foster mother, was horrible. Physically and emotionally abusing me at every second of every day. Scarring my skin, mind, and heart. She was always drunk and made me do everything around her shabby home. That’s the past that I had to escape Harry, but now she might see that magazine, and, and,” I was full on sobbing again, not able to get out another word.

“I promise you that I will protect you Hanna.” Harry wrapped his strong arms around me, finally allowing me to calm down. “If you don’t want to go back with that Jean woman, I will make her leave, leaving you here with me.” I took my hands away from my eyes and looked at Harry, I knew that he would help me get through this.

“So you’re afraid that your foster mom will come back then?” Kella asked me. After the little episode that I had, I decided to still go out with the girls. I nodded as I took another sip of my steaming cup of coffee.

“And she is the reason that you moved across the world and came to London?” Perrie asked me as I nodded again. I sighed, not wanting to tell everyone about my past all in one day.

“I came here to escape her and I planned to never look back and try to forget about her, but having to see the scar and feel every single-” I was cut of by a shocked Eleanor.

“She gave you a scar?” Eleanor was wide eyed and shocked that she could have done that to me. I nodded, tears forming in my eyes as I remembered the whole incident over and over again. 

“If you need to talk to us about anything Hanna, we’re all here for you. Us girls, the other boys, Harry, everyone who cares about you will help you through this.” Danielle tried to calm me down, I was hyperventilating for the second time today, a new record. “Hanna, just try to breathe for a second, okay?” I took in a quick breath and exhaled, then after a few more times, I started to breathe normally again. 

“Thanks so much you guys.” I smiled at each of the four girls that were becoming my best friends. “So, I can talk to you about anything?” I looked at each of them as all four heads nodded in unison. I took in a deep breath and exhaled, trying to get all of the negative energy out, like usual. “Okay.” I smiled as the girls looked at each other, obviously surprised that I didn’t go on and tell them a long story about my past. “Well, I should probably get going, girls.” I smiled as I got up from the table we had been sitting at. 

“Bye, Han.” The girls said in unison as I walked towards the exit door of the coffee shop. As I grabbed the handle of the door, it was opened by another customer coming. I lifted my eyes from the ground to see the one face that horrified every waking moment of my days of the past. The dark brown pants, the mint green shirts, and the black hair cut into a bob. Jean.