~I'll Always Protect You~

Y/n POV:

"Well well, look who we have here".
I found myself sighing softly. Great, just what I needed.
"What do you want"? I asked obviously not wanting to fight.
"Aw, can't you take anything Y/n. Is that why your parents beat you? Because your weak". They chuckled while I tried to walk away.
Only for the tallest of the bunch to grab my wrist. I winced in pain as they pulled me back, making me land on my ass.
"Come on Y/n, stand up for yourself"!! One of them said mockingly.
So I stood up, only for one of them to swing at me. I barely dodged, leaving them to hit the lockers behind me.
"You little bitch"!
With that I took the chance and ran. They followed close behind me, yelling insults and taunts. Everything seemed to go in slow motion as one tackled me to the ground.
"Get off of me"! I screamed out.
"Then fight you weak bitch"! They said while slapping me. Suddenly something warm trickled down my cheek once they pulled their hand away. That's when I saw blood on their rings.
"Enough"!
We looked over, soon seeing a group of guys walking over. That's when I realized who they were. The BBS crew. They were probably the most feared people here, leaving them to reign over the food chain here. And seeing as I was getting fucked with by low dwellers, I must be really weak when it comes to this system shit.
"Look guys, we're just talking to our friend here. They needed to learn something that's all".
The tallest of them stood in front of me, while one with a gray hoodie helped me up.
"Are you okay"?
I shook my head, soon noticing an all to familiar male. Vanoss, aka the leader of the BBS crew.
"How long has this been going on"?
"Since my dad died last year".
He nodded, soon motioning to his friends. And without warning, my tormentors were on the ground. Getting the absolute shit kicked out of them.
A part of me wanted them to stop, but something stopped me. Sure, they bullied the hell out me for a while, but did I really want to be like them? Honestly, I don't ever think I could be cruel enough.
I came back reality once I felt a gentle hand against my cheek. He practically turned my face to him, almost as if he was analyzing my wound.
"This needs to be looked at. Delirious make sure they don't kill those idiots. I'm taking Y/n to the nurse".
The one in blue nodded, leaving us to walk away.
As we walked down the somehow empty hall, I remained silent. Not in fear, but awkwardness.
"I hope my actions didn't scare you. It was the only way I could actually talk to you".
I shrugged.
"Honestly, it gives me a chance to breathe. But thank you for helping me out. Not many people would do that for such a low dweller".
He chuckled.
"This whole school hierarchy is a bunch of bullshit, people just fear us because we're big and not afraid of getting into trouble. But we're not monsters".
As he talked, I found myself looking at him. Considering this was the first time I've properly seen him, I was curious. People would say that he had eyes as red as crimson, almost as if he was the devil himself. When in actuality he had really pretty brown eyes, that shined like caramel in the right lighting. I mean sure, he was a buff scary looking guy. But something about him seemed so much gentler.
"You know Y/n, I should probably admit this now. But I have been waiting for the opportunity to actually talk to you. But, I never had the balls to".
He rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly, leaving me to chuckle.
"Knowing that I'm not the only anxious one here is actually quite comforting. But why of all people did I peak your interest"?
He shrugged.
"The way you hold yourself in bad situations. Your always calm and collected, even if the pressure is on. And that's a trait I wish I had in life, cause it could have saved me a few unnecessary fights".
I nodded.
Soon we found ourselves in front of the nurses office.
"Will you be okay from here"?
"Yeah. Thank you again for helping me out back there. I really appreciate what you did. Even if it sends them to the hospital".
He chuckled.
"Anytime Y/n. See you around".
"Yeah, see you around".
Evan POV:
Once they walked into the office, I couldn't help but smile. They really are a wildcard in a social hierarchy of nonsense. What a badass.