Don't Leave Me Again

Silence.

That was all that could be heard on the battle field. The guild members had all watched in horror as Natsu had just ended his fight with Acnologia. There had been the unmistakable battle roar that came from Natsu off in the distance, the roar from the dragon that made everyone cover their ears and flinch in fear, and then silence. Nobody was certain of who won. No one could guarantee anything.

All they could hear was silence.

Then a scream cut through the air like a knife.

"NATSU!"
_______________________________

The guild had begun to make their way to the rubble to see the fate of their beloved nakama, and the beast that might have taken him from them. Everyone was a wreck while the anticipation built up in the air.

The Strauss sisters clung to each other with tears streaming down their faces, while Elfman wrapped his big arms around his family, whispering that it wasn't 'man' to cry, even though he'd shed a few tears himself.

Gajeel was carrying Levy on his back, in spite of her protests. She'd injured her leg during the battle, and could barely walk. She knew it, but she'd never tell him. She didn't have to. She also had tear strakes on her face, but Gajeel was quiet. He had a solemn look on his face, showing his respect for the fallen dragon slayer.

Wendy hadn't stopped crying since she heard Natsu's roar. She cradled an equally distraught Carla in her arms. As they got closer and closer to the site, more tears ran down the youngest dragon slayer's face. Why would this happen to Natsu of all people, she thought to herself. He's so kind and brave, and cares so deeply for his friends. It's not fair.

Erza had teary eyes, but refused to let them fall. It's not that she didn't care, it was just that she wouldn't shed any unnecessary tears unless they were one hundred percent sure that the pink haired mage was gone. Damnit Natsu. You don't die for your friends. You live for them. So if your dead, then i'll resurrect you and kill you again, she thought angrily.

Gray wasn't much better off. He held Juvia on his arm as the anger boiled up inside of him. He wasn't sad-- he was full of rage. How dare he. He can't leave us behind. He can't leave her behind. Assflame, if we find you, you're dead.

The person leading the guild to the giant crater in the ground was none other than Lucy, Happy snuggled up in her arms and shaking with fear. She'd been the first to spring up and take off after the sound, despite her guild mate's shouts to keep her at bay, and Happy had been right on her tail. And despite the depressing atmosphere, Lucy had not shed a single tear. She knew he was alive, she felt it. Felt his presence somehow. He's alive. And when we find him, i'll tell him how I really feel.

They finally made it to the dragon sized hole in the ground, and stopped at the edge. They all peered inside and gasped in shock.

There, in the middle of the crater, lay a dead Acnologia, with a triumphant Natsu standing on top of it. He heard them approach and turned around, eyes scanning over his guild mates. He was only looking for one person.

As if she sensed his thoughts, Lucy took a step and slid down the massive hole in the ground, taking off in a sprint once her legs hit the flat ground. As soon as she was a few feet away, she launched herself at him, arms wrapping around his neck, and legs around his waist. He caught her and squeezed her against his body. Her face was buried in his neck as she finally let the tears fall. He nuzzled her head and began placing soft kisses against her temple. They stayed that way for a few minutes, whispering sweet nothings in each others ears and trying to comfort one another, before Lucy unwound her legs from his waist, placing herself back on the ground and moving her hands to cup his face.

"Natsu," was all she was able to get out before her voice broke. Her tears were falling like raindrops, and she thought she'd never stop.

He looked at her with sad eyes and placed his calloused hands over her soft ones.

"It's okay, Lucy. I'm okay."

"You're alive," she whispered, as if she was trying to convince herself that it was true.

"Yeah. I'm alive, Luce. We can go home."

She gave him a watery smile and pressed her forehead against his, closing her eyes and savoring his touch. He let her. He knew she needed it, because he needed it.

They were quiet for a while before she opened her big brown eyes and started into his.

"Natsu, I want you-" she cut herself off. "No. I need you to promise me something."

"What?"

"Please don't ever leave me alone again. I don't know if my heart can take anymore pain," she barely got out, voice thick with emotion.

He gave her a smile.

"Anything for you, Lucy."
_______________________________

AAANNNNNDDDD THATS THE FIRST ONE SHOT. I REALLY HOPE YOU GUYS LIKED IT!!! LET ME KNOW IF YOU DO, SO I CAN KEEP WRITING THEM. IM SORRY THO BC THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I'VE WRITTEN NALU, SO I APOLOGIZE IF IT'S TERRIBLE!!
COMMENT AND LET ME KNOW HOW I DID.
:)