Thank You

SPOILERS FOR CHAPTER 504 IN THE MANGA. IF U DONT LIKE THEN READ THE CHAPPIE AND THEN COME BACK.
____________________________

Lucy ran out of the building with panic in her chest. Natsu had saved her, she knew he did. But now, he was nowhere to be found, and she had a feeling that END had finally shown up. She had to find him. Everyone depended on it.

Hold on Natsu. I'm coming.
_______________________________
After running for a while, she came to a clearing. She squinted her eyes, trying to get a better picture of what she was seeing. But she didn't dwell on it too much. She saw enough. The panic in her chest increased ten-fold as she understood what she saw. She took off, running towards the center of the clearing, faster than she had been before.

Because she had seen two figures. And one of them was standing over the other.
_______________________________
As she got close enough to make out the figures, she immediately froze. Natsu was standing over a beaten Gray, fist poised over the ice mage, ready to make the final blow. Lucy gasped, and yelled louder than she ever had before.

"NATSU!"
_______________________________
Natsu could barely make out his surroundings anymore. All he saw was red. He only had two thoughts on his mind. Kill Zeref, and anyone who tried to stop him, and avenge Lucy, at all costs. He was succeeding in his plan as he stood over his long time rival. He'd knocked him out a while ago, and had been toying with him. But he'd grown bored, and realized that he needed to get to Zeref right away. As he stood over the fallen mage, he lit his fist on fire, readying himself to make the final blow. Just as he was about to move, he heard an all too familiar voice call his name.

"NATSU!"

He froze. Thats not possible. She was gone. She is gone. I felt it. He turned his head and looked over his shoulder, and everything stilled. There, standing behind him, was the blonde beauty he'd secretly devoted his life to protect. He turned his body so that he was fully facing her, still not quite believing what he was seeing.

"Lucy," he breathed.

She gave him a watery smile before running over to him. She stopped a foot in front of him and looked up into his eyes. She stayed that way for a moment before flinging her arms around his neck and burying her face in his neck. He could feel the darkness leaving him, slowly but surely. Something about her touch made him feel safe, and at home. She pulled away and looked into his eyes once more.

"Are you okay?"

He almost laughed. He'd been thinking that his best friend had been killed, and here she was, asking if he was okay. She really was something.

"Yeah, Luce. I think I am."

They shared big smiles and embraced once more, feeling as though they were floating.

However, that feeling was not meant to last. As they were embracing, Lucy saw Gray shift in his position on the ground, and she gasped.

"Natsu!" She pulled away to get a better look at Gray. "What did you do." She was too afraid to take another step forward.

"Hey, in my crazed mind, he was the enemy. So I took care of him," he said, as though it was no big deal.

"You could've killed him."

"Yeah, well I didn't, so everything is fine."

"Natsu, look at him. He does not look 'fine'."

"What do you mean? He always looks ugly."

"You're impossible." She said and gave him a light shove. Unfortunately, Gray had chosen this moment to open his eyes. As he did he saw Lucy pushing Natsu away, and he saw red. Not only does he come after me, but Lucy, of all people, too? Thats it. E.N.D, you've gone to far. I will protect my guild with my last dying breath.