Chapter 4

Chapter song: 21 Guns by Green Day

Chapter 4-

****** 3 Months Later ******

3 months have gone by since I joined Deimos's Army, and I've never been more athletic. I've also never felt this welcomed.

Percy and I are like brother and sister now, we've told each other everything about ourselves. I've told him everything about my old life and he told me everything about his old life.

He used to go to a camp named Camp Half-Blood, and that's where he first met his former friends: Thalia, Annabeth, Grover, Nico, and lots of other people.

Plus, he admitted that he was going to propose to Annabeth the night that he found her kissing Pericles, his twin brother.

I suggested to him that maybe it wasn't what it looked like and he just scowled at me.

He had told me that he was 'not overreacting' and that it was what it looked like. I had slapped some sense into him. Literally.

He then told me what adventures he's been on, and my personal favorite was the one where he went to go save Annabeth from Atlas in his third year at Camp.

He talked about Annabeth every day, and he even told me that he is still in love with her, even after what happened.

Every time that he said that he still loved her, I couldn't help but say 'AAAWWWW!' and Percy would just narrow his eyes at me.

He was also angry with his father because Poseidon had just shrugged it off and had practically told Percy that Pericles was his favourite son.

I've told him all about the wizarding world and everything about my adoptive family and stuff.

I've never been this close to anyone in my entire life, and it felt great to open up to someone who is so much like me.

We've both almost been killed, we both have been in newspapers, we both have been thought of as dead before, we also have lots of people who hate us, and we both have fallen from great heights.

And right now, we were sword fighting. Percy had taught me how to shoot a bow, he'd taught me how to sword fight, he'd taught me how to fight with a knife, and he'd taught me hand-to-hand combat.

I was better with the double knives, where I would have a knife in each hand, but Deimos insisted that I stick with a sword.

Everyone in the army actually respected me, and I felt more at home here than I ever did at Hogwarts. But, no matter what, I will always miss Britain.

Deimos had taught me how to use my powers that I inherited from my mother, and I was still discovering some of them.

But I didn't have to use magic to know that I was kicking Percy's ass at sword fighting right now.

I could feel sweat on the back of my neck and I was breathing heavily. Percy was the same.

With each clash of our swords, Percy grunted. I swiveled my sword and disarmed Percy. I spun quickly and held the blade to Percy's neck and he grinned.

"Nice work, Des." Percy praised.

I smirked and handed him his sword like a civilized person. We called it a day on the fighting and we went our separate ways.

Percy hadn't slept in awhile; he had been figuring out battle strategies to help defeat Gaea.

I Vaporated to a park in New York and I sat by the pretty fountain with a Poseidon statue and a conch shell.