Ch. 1 | Sunshine

If you didn't take the time to read the description of this story, this is a DDLB/MDLB story. It's also based on the Pixie Hollow movies. If you haven't seen those, you'll be a little confused. Anyways, this will be super fluffy... Sorry in advanced... :3

☾ • ☽

Ch. 1 | Sunshine

The lush evergreen trees reached for the sky, but didn't move on this windless day. It was gorgeous out; not a cloud in the sky. Under all the thick leaves of fall's corner of the map, you could barely see the beams of sun. Perhaps that's why the squirrels weren't in the mood to get up. Ricky, being stubborn, wasn't giving up on them. They did have nuts to sort and trees to climb.

He gently pushed on the fluffy butt of a squirrel that must've been four times his size. Ricky had a bit of a problem telling them to stop eating, so they were a little chunky. What could he say? He was a sucker for their fat little cheeks.

"C'mon, wake up!" He said, whining a bit out of frustration.

The stubborn creature rolled over some more to ignore him. He fluttered his little squirrel foot, unintentionally hitting Ricky and knocking him out of the tree. The young fairy tried to catch himself but failed horribly at doing so. Though he attempted to flutter his wings, it just didn't work. He hit a few leaves and branches on the way down until he eventually crashed down to the forest floor.

One of the leaves he fell into on the way down broke off the tree, landing over him. He groaned, letting his face fall into the grass below him. Ricky balled up his fists, hitting and kicking the ground angrily. After a moment of frustration, he gave up and just laid there, defeated.

Not too far from him, a much more experienced and patient fairy was walking along the antlers of an elk. The creature was astonishingly massive in comparison to Angelo but it didn't faze him one bit. He plucked the last big of cobweb off of the elk's antlers, telling him, "There. Now, don't get into such a mess again, okay, big guy? Oh," He gasped when he saw Ricky falling from a tree, "My..."

Angelo hopped off his elk friend, flying over to his younger friend. In the midst of Ricky throwing his fit, Ange landed in front of him quietly. He hesitantly waited for the smaller to calm down. Once he had, he leaned over and gently pulled the leaf up from his head. Ricky opened his eyes, following up Angelo's legs to his face. After realizing who it was, that it was someone he was okay to be himself around, he let out a small cry and dropped his head to the ground again.

"Sweetie," Angelo knelt down and pet his hand over his hair, "Are you okay?"

"No!" Ricky mumbled sadly. He forced himself to sit up, laying with his legs to the side of his torso. He huffed, "The stupid squirrel won't get up and he kicked me out of the tree and this morning I was out of milk and then I spilled my fairy dust right after I got it and ughhh." He fell backwards, staring up at the sky.