1: Tied

She spat blood out of her mouth as soon as she regained her senses. Each blow sent her closer to losing consciousness and she couldn't give in yet. She glared ferociously are the ringleader in her torture, staring directly into his eyes. She was never one to show weakness, and today was no exception.

"Clarke, I would expect you to be putting up a bit more of a fight."

"Yeah, well, you're not worth the effort. Or my pay cheque."

He simply chuckled, striding over to her, signalling for the assailant to cease his attacks. He only glared at his boss for a second before backing away, giving the Mountain Man the full view of the blonde captor.

"I need a favour from you, Clarke."

"And what would a big CEO like you want from a low-life like me, Dante?"

The older man's eyes flickered to the torturer, who immediately punished Clarke for her misstep. She cried out as the crowbar hit her arm, tearing through the flesh but missing bone.

"Easy, now, Cage. That's her shooting arm. Don't want it damaged." Dante said, and Cage stepped back.

"I'm sorry, Mister Wallace." Clarke said, enunciating each syllable in the title, "To what do I owe the pleasure of your company?"

Wallace crouched down in front of the tied girl, who's blood dropped down the legs of her wooden chair, and said, very bluntly, "I need you to kill someone for me."

"I figured as much." Clarke groaned as she adjusted herself in the chair against the cuffs, "Alright. Who, when, and let me know what you want the estimate to be. Perhaps I'll consider not making you pay upfront."

"You will definitely consider it." Wallace said scathingly.

Cage tapped the crowbar on the ground, sending a ringing sound throughout the room, breaking the silence that had followed.

"Her name is Lexa Green." Wallace said, straightening up, "She's the leader of the Ton DC gang, and they call her, quite craftily, The Commander. She's interfering with me and I need her out of the way."

"I need a picture and full details on where to find her and what her mannerisms are like." Clarke said by way of routine.

Most of her clients don't expect to get this far and putter out, but Wallace was a different story. He tossed a file folder on her knees, "This will tell you everything you need to know. I want her dead in seven days."

"Consider it done. I charge a minimum fee of $500 upfront. Since she's high-profile that's an extra $1000. Then my flat fee of $4000. That'll be $5500, assuming nothing goes glitchy along the way." Clarke summed up, watching Wallace carefully.

"Pocket change." Wallace smiled, offering his hand, "We have a deal."

Clarke pointedly tugged on her restraint, to which Cage immediately jumped forward and removed. She shook Dante's hand with a bit cheek, once again preparing herself for the thrill of the hunt.