Story 1 - Part 20

Jenny is definitely NOT doing what she promised! Simon and Jeanette have already started dancing! I mean the crowd surrounding them isn't quite big yet but at this rate, it will be! Whatever her plan was, it was NOT working!
Just then, Jenny stormed past the room over to me. She seemed very frustrated. Right when I was about to open my mouth, Jenny interrupted me. Talk about rude! "Brittany!! This isn't working so it's all up to you!" She sounded irritated. "All up to me? No way! You promised that you'd be able to keep them apart and that half of this was on you!" "Well you know what Brittany? I tried and it didn't work, so it's time for you to stop whining and take in the fact that it's all up to you!" She was speaking like she was talking back to a teacher (May I remind you still VERY rude!) and she was basically telling me that she failed terribly for something she made sound so easy. And to top it all off, she said it with a look of disgust on her face as if it was all my fault or something! How nice... not! "So are you basically saying that you failed and you lied to me and you're throwing it all on me to get yourself out of trouble?!" I exclaimed, pulling out all her faults and lies from where she was hiding them and exposing them to her. After I said that, her face went from disgust to extremely irritated and not the kind of irritated like after an allergic reaction, but irritated as in really mad! Before she completely lost it, she got a slight hold of herself and mumbled, "Brittany. If you decide to tell anyone about this, your social life will go down the drain. I'll be your worst nightmare." Did she just threaten me?! I'm shocked! I shut my mouth and tried my best not to respond. She found my weakness. Of course she did, that was how this whole deal, should I even call it a "deal", started! Because I wanted my popularity back from Jeanette when I probably should've been looking after her and helping her with her crush problem... I'm such a bad sister... But I'm wrapped into this situation now! Jenny is quite popular and could ruin me with a snap of her fingers. She could get through to anyone at school and get them to do her work. And at the moment, she might've just done that to me too...
"Jenny!" A familiar voice caught my ear as Alvin ran up to us. She calmed down a little and quickly answered him before she got in a fight with him too. That lier. "Alvin, relax! I get it. Simon and Jeanette are dancing together but now it's up to you to take care of the problem!" Alvin didn't like her answer, "But you were supposed to". He was cut off by Jenny. Was she always this rude? "Yeah, I know, but Simon was waaayyy to smart for me! You know that smart brother of yours!" Propaganda! All she was using was propaganda! She was just trying to make Simon look better than her so Alvin wouldn't be as upset with her, knowing his own brother. Yeah, ok. So keeping Alvin happy is top priority but for me it doesn't matter like she could ruin me all she wants! She probably thinks that her threat will stop me from telling Alvin, who could foil her plans easily being as clever as he is, but you know what! It's not gonna stop me! Wait did I just call him clever? I meant... Ok, ok! I give up! I kinda do have a little... you know... crush on Alvin myself but even as caring as he could get, I can't just tell him about all that happened before he came because... because that could reveal a lot. I mean if I start explaining what Jenny was up to, I could cause many things to happen. I mean I could make myself look stupid for being threatened by no popularity or he would accuse Jenny of what she did to me and she would make my social life go down the drain (less likely) or make it look like I desperately need his help and feed his already big ego (more likely) , but most importantly, I could reveal the fact that Jeanette likes Simon and I don't want to dance with him just to let her have the night and ruin his night as well (since he probably really wants to get the attention back like he said before). All this thinking and I just realized the conversation was still going. After a long pause, (he must've been thinking about something) Alvin responded, "well I guess he is really smart and I can't really blame you..." "Great! Then let's continue shall we!" She said, her mood supposedly lifted from the fact that she won't get in trouble for this by the most popular kid at school. There must be something else behind her motives. Maybe she didn't agree to this deal because she wanted us to shine. Maybe she just tricked us. Maybe we've been fooled and the only reason why she came up with this deal was for something else that she couldn't do alone... I hadn't realized that Jenny was still standing there but then she finished off by saying, "You'll do great!" With a somewhat fake smile on her face and left. There was definitely something up with her but what could I do about it? I hung my head down in defeat and Alvin must've noticed because he started, "Brittany, is there something wrong?" I quickly looked up to see a bit of worry on Alvin's face (surprising), "well um Alvin..." "Yeah Britt?" "Do you... do you think we're doing the right thing?" I asked, patiently waiting for the answer. He wasn't as surprised to hear my question as I thought he'd be. Maybe he was thinking about and kinda regretting this like I was. "Well... to be honest Brittany, I-I'm not totally sure actually... I'm mean we are getting our popularity back though, so that's good right?" He answered with a forced, unsure smile on his face. "I guess but..." I can't believe I'm about to say this... "is the popularity worth it?" He looked at me, shocked that I would ever ask such a question and I couldn't blame him. I couldn't believe it either. Yeah, he definitely thinks I just went insane to question if the popularity was worth it. To my surprise, he replied, "maybe... but maybe it's not..." I'm kinda speechless... but I have to keep talking before he changes his mind and we get to the dance floor. "W-What? Y-You think so?" "Oh! Uh... well maybe it is... come on let's go dance!" Of course he values popularity over my ideas! Hmm... maybe I gave him the wrong impression... Nah! Typical Alvin! He's so self centered! Why did I have to like such an arrogant chipmunk? Of course his top priority was his own popularity. Even I would step down for the people I love. I should've known all he cares about is himself! I guess he just doesn't like me...