Laced - Chapter 41 (Reunions)

Disclaimer: This was written over 10 years ago, and the author no longer agrees with many of the concepts found in this story. Some of the content will be cringey and/or problematic. Please remember this is entirely fictional and does not represent the author's beliefs.

Twitter: dazzleizzy

Copyright © 2012-2023

~~

Niall's POV

"Okay, so next up is another duet, but this time, one of them is one of Master Zayn's old friends who wanted give this sing-off a shot, just for the heck of it. I give you, Harry, and Elle!" I lie into the microphone, and then make my way off stage again. If I hadn't said that, there would be a rise on suspicion from the guests that Harry was in fact not a slave Owner, but a slave himself.

The curtains pull away from behind me, revealing a brightly dressed Elle contrasting with the dark dress pants and blazers of Harry.

Just as the music begins to play and I step onto the leveled ground off the stage, I look up to see someone entering the ballroom. It's like the entire atmosphere of the room has changed at his entrance, everything gravitating towards the tall man. If it wasn't for Harry and Elle performing, the entire audience's attention would be on this very man.

He had a lean build, and he was clad in a pitch black dress suit. His shoes were polished, and he wore a wristwatch that gleamed under the lights.

But what was really unsettling, is that he looked extremely familiar, as if I'd seen him before, even though I was sure I hadn't. He couldn't be much older than me.

While everything about him was formal and precise, his hair contrasted his entire look. Instead of being well-kept and gelled back, jet black hair fell on his forehead in a disarray, messy.

He looked so similar to someone, but I couldn't just quite put my hand on it. But I had the feeling I found who I was looking for.

"Sir?" I approached him slowly. His eyes snapped up, and I took notice that they were a piercing gray color. How odd. "You must be...Caleb?"

An eyebrow raises, and he nods.

"Master Zayn's waiting for you. Follow me, please." His eyes widen slightly at the mention of Master's name, but he doesn't say anything. As I lead him outside of the ballroom and into the small conference room, he remains silent, and I find myself wishing he'd say something because this silence was quite awkward.

I open the door, and let him inside. Flicking on the lights, I motion to an empty seat for him to sit down. "You can take a seat, I'll go get him right now."

He nods again, not saying anything, so I leave the room and head out to get Master Zayn.

--

"Sir," I whisper, placing a hand on his shoulder, "I found Caleb. He's waiting for you in the conference room."

Master Zayn immediately gets up, giving me a curt nod in dismissal before he heads out of the ballroom to the conference room.

--

I make my way back to the stage after Harry and Elle receive a round of applause for their performance, thanking them for being wonderfully good even though I didn't listen because I was too occupied with getting Caleb to the conference room. "Our next group will be Amber and Louis! Good luck!"

Once again, I hop off the stage and let them start to perform, this time, my eyes are on Amber the entirety of her performance as she and Louis perform a sultry version of Toxic.