Chapter 3 - Chase

Chapter 3- Chase

Tasha was at home taking care of Shutyourcryhole and my baby. She wasn’t too thrilled about it. Davenport was driving us in his huge RV to the nuclear sight. While his automatic car drove, he and Leo told us about the mission. “I need you on this important mission to gather intelligence,” Davenport instructed.

“Hear that Adam, bring a huge basket,” I laughed.

“I was scouting for industrial sites when I found this warehouse. It looks like a front for high nuclear explosives,” Davenport explained.

Bree started yelling on the phone. “She’s defiantly a fraud. Who bakes cookies for the retirement home? Old people can do it themselves!” She snapped, “Aerie has to be up to something.”

“No cellphones! You can’t be distracted!” Davenport growled, “The police can’t do anything without proof. I need you to sneak in and find out how many nuclear devices there are. If they get into the wrong hands the device could blow up the entire state of Texas. There has to be ten devices.”

Leo handed us our equipment. “Be careful, guys,” He said. “You’re not sneaking on?” I joked. Leo rolled his eyes. “Davenport handcuffed me to the table.”

He rose his left hand to show us the chains around his wrist. “Sweet,” Adam laughed, “Can you handcuff me to the roof later?”

When the RV stopped the three of us snuck into the building. In stealth mode, I flipped over the railing and landed behind a pole. It was empty from what I could see. I crouched on the ground and motioned Bree and Adam to come over.

Adam stumbled in, munching on some chips. “You know for an evil place, they have some great vending machines,” He laughed. Bree smacked the chips out of his hands.

“We have work to do,” She snapped. Bree snapped pictures of the devices to show to Davenport. Adam kept on guard while I put trackers on each device.

“There. All ten are here and have trackers on them,” I said after a half hour of work. “Shouldn’t they be green and glowing?” Adam asked. “Adam, you’re supposed to stay on guard!” Bree snapped. I stared at the tubes with blue liquid. “Wait – Adam’s right,” I gasped. I held the tube and examined the contents with my bionic eye.

“Its water and blue dye, Sweetheart,” A voice said from the platform above. Adam, Bree, and I put our backs to each other.

Six large men came from the corners. The woman in sleek black uniform and a mask that went around her green eyes and dyed hot pink hair fell from above. “You must be Davenport’s bionics,” She grinned. Her pink lip gloss shined in the dim light.

“And who are you?” Bree asked with a harsh tone. “They call me Phoenix,” She said, “I work for a man you should know; Douglas.”

“What?” Davenport yelled into our ear pieces. We all cringed and held our ears. “What does that monster want?” Davenport asked. Who was Douglas?

She slowly walked over to me. Her heels clicked against the floor. “We want you to become who you truly are,” She said, “Be who you were created to be.”

“Never!” Adam shouted. “We will never work for your Douglas,” Bree scowled. Phoenix put her finger in her ear. “What shall I do?”

After a pause she grinned. “I’ve got the nuclear devices, let’s move out,” Phoenix said. She spun her finger in the air and picked up a metal suitcase. “Oh, no you don’t,” Bree growled. She sprinted to Phoenix and slammed her to the floor.

In a flash Phoenix kicked Bree and threw her across the room. Bree landed on metal barrels. Phoenix dashed over at super speed and kicked Bree again. Her men started attacking Adam. I ran to Phoenix. “You may be fast, but you can’t beat me,” I said.