about bipolar disorder rumours

However in 70s people had not fully realized the mental illnesses, if Peter was having this kind of trouble, his best friend Tony wouldn't know it. I have watched a documentary, which Tony said Peter's departure was a big blow to him personally. He often talked about how satisfied he felt about A Trick Of The Tail, but never mentioned the frustration and sad feelings. At first I thought this relationship would hurt Tony more emotionally, but after I heard Peter probably was having a horrible mental illness (Probably true, due to his behaviours), I thought this is mutual, or even worse.

I imagined that in later years Tony was informed about the symptoms of bipolar disorder and actually got know Peter's behaviours were caused by that, he would feel extremely guilty, even when he thought about Peter's daughter was sick back in 1975, he would assume that he was unsupportive.

Incidentally, once they met again (Probably the reunion tour.) Tony loosened up because he was slightly drunk, he heard people talking about mental illnesses, and he just said sorry to Peter without explanations. Peter asked him why and he told Peter about the guilty sense he was having. And Peter tried to comfort him, said he was sane now, there was no need to be worried. And they were talking about a lot old memories and all.