Three

||Chapter 3||

||Chapter 3||

"Back away from [Y/N], Mori."

Dazai's icy words pierced through you, a shiver crept up your spine causing your hairs to stand on end.

The mysterious man that led you here just gave him a sly grin. You could only assume that he was Mori.

"And if I don't?"

Mori had grabbed you by the arm, forcing you closer to him. You could feel this breath brush against your ear.

You felt something cold press against the temple of your head, in a panic you attempted to jolt away from Mori but this grip only tightened.

You shifted your eyes to your right, only to realize Mori was holding a gun to your head.

The brunette quickly whipped out a gun, pointing it directly at the man standing beside you.

Your face flushed and your blood ran cold, you quickly broke out into a cold sweat. You could feel your heart rapidly pound in your chest, leaving an unsettling burn simmer around your heart.

You could feel Mori's face inch closer to yours.

"Let's make a deal, I won't shoot the girl under one condition."

His voice was laced with greed as he spoke.

"She must join the Port Mafia."

The mans request stunned the people around you and left them wide-eyed.

The world around you spun, your head felt fuzzy and light. A high pitch ringing echoed through your ears and all energy seemed to escape your legs.

The ground came up to meet your head and a silent darkness engulfed your vision.

~ ~ ~

You found yourself in a pit of darkness and unable to see anything. You had no sense of direction, you had to idea if you were sitting, standing, or even laying down.

All you could feel was the cold air nipping at your insides, leaving your limbs almost numb.

You were left alone in an empty void with just your thoughts...

You had no idea how much time had passed but a small spark of light was now visible. It quickly caught your attention, you had been in this strange place long enough.

You feared that if you stayed any longer it would drive you insane.

You attempted to follow the light but there was something holding you back, a force strong enough to hold you in place.

Your body was paralyzed, you tried to struggle free from this invisible force but to your prevail nothing happened.

The small spark of light started to fade which caused you to panic. You struggled more, forcing your body to move.

You were now able to move your legs, you broke into a run. The closer you got to this growing light the harder it became to move.

It felt like you were trudging through water, the force only grew. You were determined to get out of this hell, the light was now only inches away from you.

At this point the force was so strong it was starting to pull you back, you used all your energy to force yourself forward.

You swung your arm free to grip this light, as you did so the world around you lit up.

~ ~ ~

Your eyes fluttered open, you sat up with such force that it felt as if your back would snap into two.

Your eyes were met with another mans gaze only inches from your face. His familiar brown orbs stared into your [E/C] ones.

You could feel cold hands cupped over your burning cheeks.

"Calm down, [Y/N]. You're safe now."

Dazai's calming velvet voice rang in your ears as his warm breath tickled your face.

You quickly jolted your face away from his and shifted your eyes to examine your surroundings.

You were laying in what looked to be a hospital bed, the walls were painted a light yellow and a light blue. There was a large book case that was filled with different types of medication.

You shifted your gaze to Dazai, he was sitting on a stool next to your bed.

"You passed out on the scene, because of that we were able to halt Mori's plans. We took you into our infirmary. How are you feeling?"

You were still dazed from your odd dream and your chest burned from your rapid breathing.

Dazai's gaze was calming and his lips formed into a soft smile.

"I-I'm fine."

You stuttered out, still unsure about what happened.

"Good! I hope we didn't scare you too much."

Dazai chirped and smiled. Only a few hours ago all emotions escaped his face and now he was nursing you like a parent would. You found it amazing at how quickly this mans mood could change...