21. Dance With Me

"It's just a dance. Nothing more. Nothing less."

•••

December

Alex's POV;

Three months. That how long it's been since Shawn and I last talked. I was still attending school, I just asked my counselor for a new schedule. I couldn't see him happy with her, it's just tear me apart.

So now I have a whole new schedule without him. Not even the same lunch. My birthday was coming up though so that's going to really suck. It'd be the first year where Shawn and I aren't celebrating it. It made me upset as the days got closer and closer.

"Earth to Alex! What do you think about this one?" I was brought out of my thoughts as Holly waved her hand in front of my face.

I look up and look at the dress she was wearing. It was a short black one that had a sweetheart neckline and strapless.

"It's cute I like it." I say and she puts her hands on her hips.

"What's going on? You're spacing out, you haven't done that in the past three months." She said before turning around and looking in the mirror.

I got up and started looking at different dresses, "Nothing just have a lot on my mind."

"Does this thing on your mind happen to be someone that's name starts with an S and rhymes with lawn?" She asked turning around to look at me.

"Maybe... I was just thinking about my birthday." I sighed as I continued to look for a dress.

She walked over and helped look for a dress for me. We decided on going together since none of us could get dates. Shawn was supposed to be my date but that didn't work out.

"Well I still don't understand why you don't tell him. Alex you're tearing yourself apart because of this asshole. He deserves to get put in jail for what he's done to you, not make you loose your best friend." She said.

I looked at her and then looked down, "I don't know, I'm so scared Holly. I don't know what Brent is going to do, I didn't even know he was capable of hitting me when we first met." I said.

"Alex I rather you tell him and see what happens than him continuing to hit you. This isn't okay Alex." She replied and I knew she was right.

I couldn't keep living like this, it wasn't even living at all. I had to do this, hopefully Shawn was at the dance.

"Yeah you're right, enough is enough. I just hope he's going to be at the dance." I smile as I look for a dress.

"Oh my goodness! You have to get this one!" She said as she raised up a white dress.

It looked incredible, she handed it to me and I went into the changing room. I put on the dress and then walked out to where Holly was sitting. She had gotten changed back into her regular clothes.

I walked forwards and her eyes widened, "Whoa... Alex that dress looks amazing. You have to get it!" Holly said.

I turned around and looked in the mirror. It was a white dress that had a sweetheart neckline. The dress flowed out and ended mid thigh. The upper half had jewels that looked like glitter.