submissive

Submissive- means for you to allow other peoples' will take priority over your own.

Dominant (the opposite of submissive) means that you try to make others bend to your will.

Many of the people here who think it means being someones ***** clearly know nothing about it. Yes sometimes it can be submiting blindly but it can mean other things. For instance lets take in bed as an example if you are submissive to your partner you in fact have the power. The dominant can ONLY be dominant if someone is willing to submit to them. If you are submissive to your partner and they are not hitting or abusing you it means that you trust them with your well being though most submissive people pick and choose when to show their submissive nature. It is impossible for unassertive to not be submissive but it is possible for submissive people to be assertive. For instance I doubt Lusty Lush or Anthony C have the guts to be submissive to their partners. If you are friends with a submissive person or with one if they submit to you it mainly means they trust you. Yes some submit blindly to anyone but I'd call those unassertive and not submissive also jittrbugs is wrong. It doesn't mean gullible at all or always giving into people. The correct words for that is gullible and unassertive.

----------