Chapter Ten: Kronos and Delphi

Okay, so I literally haven's updated since the beginning of Summer. Sorry about that... I was sleeping a lot when I wasn't at camp. And when I was writing it was AMCWAP. Anyways, to hopefully make it up I did some art (admittedly sloppy) for this chapter. So... enjoy? 

This 2am update is dedicated to Jaz because I didn't update for her birthday because I'm horrible but you know what insomnia has kick started my inspiration  so take this chapter that I will definitely edit later today and love it. LOVE IT. 

::

Burning hot on his head and his chest, spreading a painful flush to the rest of his body. Fear paralyzes his limbs and he can't move. His heart pounds in his ears, his eyes flicker under their lids: blue, gold, blue, gold, gold, gold, gold--

Do not fear, Luke Castellan.

Luke's breath hitches, his eyelids flutter. Another wave of terror rolls through his body, grabbing his heart and thrusting it into his throat. He tries to open his eyes, but gravity is pulling the lids down over flickering colors: gold, blue, gold, gold, gold, gold, gold--

You are mine to control.

Luke thrashed against the thundering force in his brain, desperately trying to prevent his consciousness from being pounded out. Breath hitching, chest burning, and eyes melting: blue to gold, gold--

BLUE.

A bright blue, crackling with electricity. An electric blue, rimmed with eyeliner. Blue eyes, crinkled at the corners as she laughs. Heat blossoms in his chest, as it echoes in his ears; her laugh, her tears, her pain--

I WILL SAVE HER.

-- fades away in a burst of gold. The blue withers and fades into the background, taking Thalia with it as gold glows beneath his eyelids, washing over him in a wave.

"Save Thalia..." He agrees with a mumble, "Save... Save..."

::

She's sitting on the counter of the lab table. She sits on the counter of the table lab. She sat on the counter of the lab.

Her hands curl (curled, curling) around the edge of the counter, her legs swinging (swings, swung) as she hums (hummed) a song.

"Do you like the song, Delphi?" She asks (asked, asking), staring up at the ceiling, "Apollo sung it to me. Or is he singing it, did he not sing it yet?"

Apollo looked (looks, will look) back at her with a kind smile, "I sing that song for you every year, Rachel, on your birthday."

"My name's Rachel?"  Apollo laughs (laughed) a little, walking (walked, walks) away from his desk, pulling (pulled, pulls) the stethoscope from his neck, folding (folded) it, and placing (places, placed) it gently (gentled? no, not a word, not a verb, not a tense) onto the desk.

He places (placed) a hand on her shoulder, "Rachel Elizabeth Dare." He tells her (told her, will tell her), "It's been your name as long as I've known you."

"How long?"

Immediately (doesn't matter when, IMMEDIATELY) he responds (responded), "Ten years, this birthday of yours."