chapter 13

"No, the cookie is far better than the cream." I debated, grabbing another Oreo and scraping off the cream, taking a bite of the cookie. Calum raised an eyebrow at me and removed his arm from Luna in order to get a cookie, "The cream is actually better, Dakota." He replied back, with a bit of sass in his tone. I groaned and rolled my eyes, we've been on this conversation for maybe an hour now, we were supposed to be babysitting Samantha but seeing as she went to sleep there's not much to do.

"I believe that they're both equal," Ashton said, walking into the living room joining me on the sofa, "They'd both be lost without each other, therefore there is no way they should be apart." he finished, taking an Oreo from the box and plopping it in his mouth.

"That was deep, mate." Calum said, rubbing his mouth. Luna was staring at the ground intently as if she had something on her mind, I became curious.

"Luna, you alright?" She looked up at me and nodded, smiling a little. I could tell it was a fake smile, Luna has been through a lot in her life and I hope everything is ok.

"I was just thinking, I-I thought you had a boyfriend before we came here..." she said confusingly, I bit my lip. I could tell everyone's eyes were on me in the room, that only being the two others.

Just as I was about to answer her, the doorbell rang. I shot up and excused myself from the awkward situation, now bringing my mind to who could be knocking on the door at 11:00 pm. Louis and May said they wouldn't be back till 3:00.

"Hi Dakota"

speaking of the devil.

It was Niall. I'll admit, it's not as awkward as we were before, but it was still a little weird for us to be on such good terms. We stayed there for a moment, I haven't let him hug me yet, I just don't want too much affection from him. I began to make my way back to the living room, Calum meeting me halfway there.

"Oh hey Niall's hereeeee!" he said, tackling him in a hug. I shook my head smiling and sat back down in my spot. Unfortunately the only open spot left was next to me, so Niall sat, our legs brushing a bit making butterflies erupt in me. I bet he noticed too, we both locked eyes for a second. I smiled and bit and he followed my gesture, turning his head over to Luna who was beginning conversation.

"What brings you here Niall?" she asked, I agreed, why is he here. Not that I don't want him here, I feel like everyday we spend together, the knot in my stomach looses more and more.

"I heard you guys were here, so I thought I should stop by and see how the babysitting a going." he spoke, taking an Oreo from the box. I closed my eyes, not wanting to watch the situation about to take place in front of me. He took a bite from the Oreo, and I heard a gasp from Calum.

"That's how Dakota eats her Oreos!" he said, seeming fascinated in the fact that we were similar. Niall nodded, looking back at me and smiling.

"Dakota actually used to like the cream, believe it or not," Luna gasped, as Niall continued, " until I made her turn to eat the cookie. Because the cookie is always better." he said, scraping off the cream with one cookie.

"Well you guys are weird," Ashton paused, "And you came at a good time, we were getting on the topic of who Dakota is dating."

right at that moment, Niall's head shot to me eyes filled with fury, yet sadness at the most.

"Y-you do?" he gulped, biting his lip and playing with his fingers. I groaned, "I don't have a boyfriend! When did I say I did!" I yelled, putting my head in my hands. I heard a sigh of relief from Niall next to me, instantly my cheeks went hot, now blushing.

"Oh so you're on the market then?" I looked up at Ashton, my eyebrows raised. He winked and I sighed, going back to my current position of resting my head in my hands.

"But I heard you had a boyfriend?" Luna said, quite confused at the moment. I bit my lip, looking over at Niall for a split second, to notice he was looking straight at me.

"Uh... um I don't think-" I cut Niall off, "It was Niall." I spoke, the glass of water Ashton had been drinking now bringing him to a choking state.

"Oh? How come we didn't know about this?" Calum asked, chuckling lightly. "Calum, it's their privacy! Maybe it wasn't that serious!" Luna smacked him, oh if only she knew.

"Well erm, actually..." Niall spoke, bringing a hand to his face and rubbing his left eye. I knew that as his habit of when he was uncomfortable.

"....A year and 10 months." He finished, I was astonished, he actually knew how long we were together, I barley even knew it. He looked over at me and formed a half smile, also a frown showing just a bit.

"But that's cool, you guys are friends" Ashton said, lacing his fingers and nodding over to us.

"what Ashton is trying to say is, it's nice that it didn't affect your friendship." Luna said. He mumbled something that I couldn't quite get out, but I saw Niall glare at him.

Weird.

•••••••

VOTE

READ

COMMENT!

LOVE YOU!

v o t e