I'm sorry

I'm sorry Phil, for not being there for you,
I'm sorry Phil, for running away like I did,
I'm sorry Phil, for not helping you,
I'm sorry Phil, for barely visiting you,
I'm sorry Phil, this is all my fault,
I'm sorry Phil, this would never have happened if I wasn't an idiot,
I'm sorry Phil, this could have worked out perfectly,
I'm sorry Phil, I ruined everything,
I'm sorry Phil, I had to go.
I'm sorry Phil, I'm leaving you.

Phil's POV

I just came back from hospital after a car hit me. Me and Dan were crossing a road but a car was coming and Dan didn't see it, so I pushed him out the way and the car hit me instead. Luckily, I only suffered a broken arm and a few very large bruises.

I couldn't wait to see Dan and hug him and kiss him. I wanted to express how much I missed him. I felt upset that I was only allowed visitors twice during my month-ish at the hospital, but Dan only visited one time. He sat on the seat beside me and cried. He cried his eyes out until he had to leave. I felt so bad, he kept putting the blame on himself. It was never his fault. It felt like forever and I just wanted to hug Dan forever, even though it was a little hard with my arm.

"Dan, I'm home!" I yelled once I entered our apartment. No answer. "Dan?" Still no answer.

I just assumed Dan was still asleep or he was out. I made my way to his room to see if he was there. He wasn't there and some of his stuff was missing. It was on his bed I found a note:

"I'm sorry Phil, for not being there for you,
I'm sorry Phil, for running away like I did,
I'm sorry Phil, for not helping you,
I'm sorry Phil, for barely visiting you,
I'm sorry Phil, this is all my fault,
I'm sorry Phil, this would never have happened if I wasn't an idiot,
I'm sorry Phil, this could have worked out perfectly,
I'm sorry Phil, I ruined everything,
I'm sorry Phil, I had to go.
I'm sorry Phil, I'm leaving you."

As I read through the note, tears began to stain the paper. I couldn't believe Dan would leave me like this. He even used his poetic writing that I once loved to break my heart.

"Dan..." I chocked out. I fell onto his bed with the tear-stained paper and cried my eyes out. I cried until I couldn't anymore.

That night, I slept in Dan's bed. It had his smell, I loved his smell. It reminded me of him. The thought of him made me smile. I loved all our jokes, the games we would play, all the great memories. I remembered our first date at a restaurant. Dan made me forget all the people around us. It felt like it was just me and him. I remembered our first kiss. It was the most beautiful moment in my life. It felt like time itself stopped.

It was then I noticed that I was crying, knowing I would never be able to see him again. I loved him more than anything else and I was one day hoping to spend the rest of my life with him.

I got up to get breakfast, even though it was 1 pm. On the way, I looked in the mirror in my bathroom. I had tear stains on my cheeks, which were a bright red. I looked like a mess, but I didn't care. My arm hurt still but I ignored the pain.

-bang-

I heard the front door closing.

"Hello?" I called. "Who's there?"

I went out the bathroom to the hallway. That's when I saw...

"Dan?" My voice was a mix of sadness, happiness, shock and love. "Dan!"

I ran towards him and gave him a huge hug. I looked into his glazed eyes and kissed him.

"I love you so much, Dan," I said as I pulled away from the kiss.

"I love you too," Dan cried, tears running down his cheek. "I'm sorry Phil," Dan sniffed.

"Why?" I asked in a croaky voice.

"For leaving you," Dan hugged me even tighter. "I should never have left you,"

----------------------------------------------------------And that's my first one shot done! I've never actually written a one shot before so I would like to know your opinions on it!

*cough*selfpromocoming*cough*

Also, if you haven't already, you should check out one of my other phan stories (Tattoos and Flower Crowns or He's Mine, Not Yours)

Thank you so much for reading!!

-creepyphansta