Chapter 1: Erin Blackwood

IMPORTANT NOTE:

IMPORTANT NOTE:

THIS BOOK IS BASED FROM THE ORIGINAL SERIES OF "EXPIRATION DATE DUOLOGY" WRITTEN BY MIKAELA BENDER. YOU MIGHT AS WELL WANT TO READ THE ORIGINAL SEQUEL FIRST. CHECK OUT HER STORY AT: https://www.wattpad.com/story/20738183-expiration-date-duology IT'S AMAZING!

I REPEAT. I AM NOT THE OWNER OF THE BOOK (EXPIRATION DATE). THIS IS SIMPLY A FANFICTION. I ALREADY CONSULTED AND THE AUTHOR GAVE ME PERMISSION TO WRITE THIS STORY.

Amusez-vous bien!

* * * 

I only have one week and three days remaining in my life. It bothers me knowing I was destined to die in a very young age. The more I think about it, the more I want to assassinate the Society for rendering people with death marks. Unfortunately, the Order's blood runs in my veins.

I am the Tresais' son.

My parents never exposed me to the public. They fear I would die in the hands of rebels and vengeful people that hate us. Them rather.

I never really felt like I belonged in this family. I am an exception. I know I'm different. My parents were once but I don't have any perception why they submitted themselves to the Preeminence. They presume it was for my own sake but I don't think it did me any good. I was isolated in this jail-like mansion the day I was born. But now that my days are numbered, I would like to understand the legitimate definition of the word "life".

* * *  

"Erin, everyone's waiting for you. Hurry up and join us when you're ready.", my father apprised, leaning against the doorframe. Tonight is the anual clan gathering and they made sure that it will be spectacular. Except I'm not willing to participate. This party is just a waste of my time. Literally.

"I will be there in a moment, Tresais.", I nod my head, fastening the tie around my collar. He came forward and laid a hand over my shoulder.

"That is father to you.", he smiled and I did the same. Mine was rather fake.

"Yes, father.", he pat me in the arm before taking his leave. I waited for the footsteps to fade before pulling out the duffle bag under my bed. I'm bidding farewell to this estate for good.

I know that the society will not approve to this. And it will not be easy to pass through the gates with all the guards surrounding the area. If I ever make it tho, they won't stop until they find me. They will keep on searching and coerce me back.

Even so, I have to do what I know is right. Running away is not going to solve anything but I choose to discover new things before I cease to exist.

I want to go knowing that my life was not wasted rotting within the walls of the society. Every remaining second counts and I have to make the most out of it.

Once the hallway was clear, I sprinted for the balcony, ten feet away. I grasped the handle of the sliding door but a grizzle made me halt.

"Where are you going, Erin? They're expecting your presence in the convention."

I looked over to my shoulder. Chloe, my cousin, also sole daughter of the Beta, is standing right behind me. She is wearing a silvery frock with a girdle of crystals hanging around her neck. Her curled hair falls freely, covering her bare shoulders. Nothing less to expect from the offspring of the second in command.

Just imagine that Chloe's dress looks like Keira Knightley's and that it's silvery

"Chloe, I...", my hands tremble and I swallowed the billow of vex forming inside my throat.

"I just need some fresh air."

"Not an acceptable alibi tho. But I'll give you three out of ten. You're up to something, are you?", I flinched. She figured.

"Please. You have to let me go.", I pleaded. She gave me a stern look in return.

"I'm not in position to interfere. I expect you not mention a word to the Order. Once they find out that I let you escape, I'll be done for. Do I make myself clear?", I jibed.

"Thank you, Chloe."

"I'll see you on the other side, Erin Blackwood."

I nod before climbing down the ladder I set up earlier.

That night, I abandoned my family along with my quondam self. Finally...

I'm free...