i. kindness is one hell of a drug

"you aren't crazy
you're just lonely
and kindess is one hell of a drug."

- john mayer

×

The boy with the white-blonde hair and the sad blue eyes stood at the space between platforms nine and ten.

Glancing over his shoulder, a cold and dull pain shot through his heart.

A feeling that was all too familiar as his parents embraced his brother without giving him so much as a second glance.

He shook his head as if to rid of self-deprecating thought and turned back to the platform.

Kneeling down at his luggage, he hooked one slender finger around a cold metal bar on his owl's cage.

The black owl opened one sleepy silver eye to look at his owner. "Ready Amsel?" The bird hooted softly in reply before abruptly falling back asleep.

The boy chuckled deep in his throat gently and took a few steps back before setting of at a run.

Emerging on the other side, he was met with a warm shot of air and polluted train fuel.

He grinned at the familiar sensation. No more disappointed and disgusted glances or snide jabs for the next year.

Suddenly, he heard a familiar tell from behind him. "Blue!" He grinned at the shout and turned around to be winded by a six foot Gryffindor beater.

Letting out a short "oof" he returned the hug enthusiastically, his face breaking out in the first grin in months.

"Hey Zay" He greeted as soon as he was released from the familiar chokehold. "How was your summer?" Blue asked, curiously.

As soon as Xavier was about to reply he was cut off by a high pitched shriek. "Blue!"

Blue laughed as he was engulfed by a woollen sweater and tangled brown hair as one of his best friends jumped into his arms

"Hi Em" He laughed softly into her hair as she clutched to him like a monkey, her 5'2 frame easy to hold.

As soon as she jumped down though, she pinched him in the arm rather aggressively. "Ouch, Jesus!" He exclaimed, running his arm. "What was that for?"

She glared at him before replying. "You didn't reply to ANY of my letters you imbecile!" She exclaimed.

Xavier whistled from behind her. "Big words for such a small girl" He goaded. She flipped around, pointing an accusatory finger at him. "Shut up Matthews or you're next!" She replied angrily, as he held up his hands in retreat.

The trio began trailing through the crowd of students and parents, their luggage dragging.

"You would've thought you were a beater with that arm!" Blue laughed. "Maybe you should replace Zay!"

Emeraude smirked at him. "Anyone could replace him" She replied. And thus began the familiar fighting that he missed all summer.

Scanning the crowd and ignoring the sharp pain in his heart when he caught sight of the familiar blonde heads of his family, he soon caught a glimpse of a kind red-head.

"Weasley!" He yelled. The younger girl flipped around, fiery-coloured hair spinning. Ginevra Weasley beamed when she saw her Ravenclaw friend.

She began to advance towards him until he put up a finger and said-"No, dramatic rom-com hug!" He laughed.

Ginny rolled her eyes but complied as they ran in slow motion and he caught her and spun her around before placing her down with a grin.

Blue hugged her and ruffled her hair which promptly caused her to frown jokingly. "Missed ya pipsqueak" He said fondly and she smiled at him.

"Well, you wouldn't if you just came to visit over the summer! My mum is dying to meet you!" She exclaimed in exasperation.

He smiled sadly. "Gin, you know my parents would never allow it" Blue said.

Just as the red - headed girl opened her mouth to speak, the train promptly blew out its familiar ear - piercing shriek. Glancing one more time over to where his family were exchanging goodbyes he choked back the lump in his throat and turned back to his friend.

After their goodbyes he strode over to his friends and looped his arms through theirs. "Ready?" He asked, looking at them.

"Absolutely".

[A/N] welcome back!
comment your Hogwarts house below and find your fam ♡