CHAPTER ONE: THE SEER OF WORDS

NOTE: EDITED :33

so here's the first chapter of my homestuck fanfiction! It isn't exactly homestuck or humanstuck. Its mainly about a group of college teenagers who love homestuck and have personalities similar to those of a certain homestuck character. You will notice that each of my character's first names correspond with their troll's last name.

This chapter is dedicated to my moirail, DamonKrueger, because he's the one who got me into homestuck in the first place :33

E N J O Y !

the picture is of Vantera :)

CHAPTER ONE: THE SEER OF WORDS

A young woman walked quickly across campus. She had short, boyish chocolate brown hair with caramel streaks in it. Her long bangs hung in her eyes, but she didn’t seem to mind. Her sharp, blueish purple eyes perceived everything around her, particularly the words she saw and heard. Her mind took the words and captchalogued them for later. A loose piece of paper slipped out of one of her notebooks and fluttered away in the wind. On the paper were these words;

My name is Vantera Gold, and I am a Seer of Words.

The girl didn’t notice the piece of paper, but someone else did. A pale skinned hand reached up and plucked the paper out of the air, tucking it safely into another notebook as the owner of the hand trailed slowly after the girl.

This person was a young man with raven black hair that sat in a messy heap on his head. His bangs hung low over his eyes, hiding their royal purple color. He never walked quickly anywhere, and enjoyed spending time outside, admiring the miracles of life. The girl he was following often called him her human Gamzee. He often called her his miraculous Karkat.

The girl turned around, a scowl on her face.

“Hurry up, Fuckass,” she called back to him. “We’re gonna be late.”

“Awe, chill the fuck out, Gold,” he said in his typical sing-song voice. “We still got ten motherfucking minutes. That’s plenty of motherfucking time.”

The girl rolled her eyes and waited impatiently for him, her eyes flickering restlessly around. Anyone who didn’t know her would think she was nervous, but the girl was anything but. She was merely taking note of every word fluttering about in the air.

It was why she never walked slowly. She hated taking notice of every damn word.

Her friend sighed and sped up his walk, and they fell into a compromising stroll. He was walking much faster than he preferred and she was walking much slower. This was how it typically went as they walked to class.

The two friends had every class together, because the Gamzee boy never took any notes and would fail the class without Vantera’s help. Because of Vantera’s tendency to memorize and remember every word she saw and heard, she was incredibly smart.

Vantera and Gamzee slipped into the lecture hall with plenty of time to spare, and chose two seats near the back of the room. They always sat in back, because everyone else sat in the front. Vantera hated physical contact with anyone. Because of her curse, the instant her skin made contact with anyone else’s, she had their entire life laid out before her like a book. The way it began, and the way it would end. And then she could never look at that person the same again. Gamzee was like her bodyguard. He was the barrier that stood between her and the rest of the student body.

Gamzee was actually pretty well liked. No one knew about his tendency towards instability, because he never let them see. Vantera was the only one who had ever seen her best friend go insane.