MHH Chapter 18

One moment I'd been snug and warm, cuddling Jinty on my lap and the next my dreams had transported me somewhere much, much hotter. Big hands traveled the length of my body, only working the fire in me to scorching. Lips kissed a path from my ear to my mouth where teeth nibbled gently at my lower lip. Damp, hot breath bathed my face and my eyes opened. My excitement mounted to new heights as I realized that my dream lover was Colin. I opened my mouth to his, praying that my kissing inexperience wouldn't betray me and if anything it seemed to spur Colin on, his lips twisting into that devilish grin that left me breathless before he plundered my mouth. My hands fisted into his soft hair, everything in me wanting to pull him closer.

His hands were rough and firm but gentle. My eyes eased close as he worked his magic over me. My hands released their death grip in his hair and stroked the muscles in his shoulders and upper arms. Tingles of heat pulsed through my limbs from the very centre of me, I expected at any moment that he was going to set my whole body ablaze with his ministrations. My fingers danced passionate patterns down his bare back and I hardly cared at all that he was slowly undressing me. Everything in me called out to be skin to skin with him. This was rather shocking and horribly exciting at the same time.

Pulling his mouth back to mine, as it had spent enough time exploring other places and because I missed it there, I kissed him with everything I had in me. He groaned into my mouth and furiously began trying to work my shift or was it my chemise? I wasn't certain which or what the difference between the two was, all I was certain of was that it was the last of the barriers that blocked his skin from mine. His excitement made me giggle. Apparently Colin didn't think it was a laughing matter because he quickly solved the predicament by grabbing the top of the material and ripping it in half. I admit, I was a bit stunned, but the next moment he smiled that roguish smile and his dimples made me forget.

We were all over each other then and neither one of us was giggling. His hands touched me in ways that no other person had ever dared and I enjoyed every delicious minute of it. My toes curled when he set about exploring with his lips and I think I died a little with the pleasure of it when he sucked a hickey low on my abdomen next to my tattoo. He seemed to have a good time tracing the lines with his tongue and well, it was so blissful who was I to tell him no?

I'd never really been too self-conscious about my body, I wasn't fat and I wasn't model thin. My skin was pretty fair, but had been known with some prompting to tan without burning. I was not tall, barely clearing five and a half feet. Like most people I hated my feet and wished to be taller. I had a decent B cup, enough junk in my trunk to fill out my jeans nicely and a pretty face. I was surprised that it didn't embarrass me to have Colin's eyes travel the length of my body, bare as the day I was born. I suppose at that point, hormones had pretty much obliterated any bashful cells left in my body.

Loosing my virginity had never been a priority to me. I'd never lived anywhere long enough to develop anything beyond a mild crush on anyone. Knowing that my time in any one location was limited to no more than six months, I suppose I just bricked all that emotion up, trying to save myself the heartbreak. The bricks were crumbling now though, Colin's hands caressing my thighs and stomach. All those feelings that I'd repressed were rushing into that brick wall, battering against it. Maybe I'd just never met anyone I'd wanted to give it all to?

Colin's lips swallowed the small cry I gave as he fitted us together. It didn't really hurt that bad, but he stilled and whispered reassuring words into my ear, interspersed with sweet lulling kisses peppered over my eyelids, cheeks and chin. I think he sensed that he'd doused the passionate flame that he'd lit and he was infinitely patient as he rekindled the fire. His mouth settled on my throat where he nibbled and sucked at the tender flesh and his hands went back to work finding ways to excite me. It wasn't long before I felt like a cat, purring and arching beneath his touch, my fingers curling into the flesh of his shoulders, flexing and urging him on.

Bright flashes of light splashed in a dazzling array of colours and patterns behind my eyes, my heart had raced so fast in my chest that I was afraid that it was going to burst only to nearly stop in that brilliant moment. Colin's breath was rushing out in pants and he kissed me sweetly before shifting himself off of me and onto his side, reaching for me instantly and settling me onto my side next to him, spooning in behind me. He tossed my clothing onto the floor and pulled the bedding over us, wrapping an arm around my waist and wedging one of his legs between mine. His head bent to mine and he kissed the top of my head with a happy sigh. I sighed happily too. I didn't want this dream Colin to go away. He smiled at me; he was gentle with me and seemed to care about me. Not at all like the Colin I'd married, who'd threatened me, ignored me and generally seemed to loath me. Did this dream have to end?