I Just Want To Forget It All...

It was exactly five years ago today that Gary Oak became the Champion of Kanto. It was also that same day one of his rivals came and defeated him, making their rivalry more bitter than anyone ever thought was possible.

Yoshima Oakimura was a young girl who grew up in a small town in Kanto. Pallet Town it was called. She grew up with Gary Oak and Ash Ketchum. Both her friends and later rivals. But as she started her Pokemon journey, so did her hatred for Gary. And vice versa.

The orange haired girl, now 15 years old and still Kanto's Champion now stood at 5'8" with her trusted Ninetales by her side. Recently she had no challengers and when she did, none were worthy of a great and intense match. She just wasted them away with her one pokemon. Soon, her ice blue eyes grew with boredom. As the young champion started drifting off to sleep, an unexpected visitor arrived, none other than Professor Oak.

"Y-yes professor?" Her eyes widened in shock as she stumbled to get into a proper sitting position. As the professor drew in close, he began to speak. "It's been a long time since you have talked to anyone, am I correct? Your mother and I wanted to invite you to dinner and congratulate you on being a champion. Yes, I know it's five years late and we all know you may be busy but, taking tonight off to visit may help a bit." The professor slightly smiled at the girl and started to finish. "We'll be seeing you tonight. Farewell Yoshima." Yoshima watched as the professor left as quickly as he came. "That man never stays long... Does he?" She groaned as she got up. "I guess I should get ready... I don't want to keep anyone waiting..."

Soon enough the pumpkin headed teen made it to her mother's house in Pallet Town. It was quite small but was very cosy. Once inside, the smell of fresh laundry and home cooking hit her face like a brick. It was nice to be here once again and missed the comforts of her mother's cooking. It smelled to her like pasta was for dinner with meatballs and sause and fresh baked rolls that filled the room with a pleasant aroma and Gary?? Her eyes stopped dead ahead as she seen the brunette sitting across from his grandfather. "What's he doing here..?" She asked herself as her mother approached her.

Other than the facial structure and the eyes, Yoshima and her mother looked nothing alike. Yoshima was told that she looked more like her father than anything and by what she saw in the pictures, they were correct. Her long, wavy pumpkin colored hair ended past her breasts. Her lips were full, but not that big and at the same time, not small. She had average height, weight, everything. But her appearance wasn't what made her special. To everyone else her personality out shined most, making her extraordinary. Her passion drives her to do the things that she does and her energy helps her keep up. Though she did have her flaws. Like her short temper and the fact that she was very stubborn. She was almost the human embodiment of a bull.

"How's my little champion?" Her mother asked in her normal cheery voice that always made her home feel almost complete. Her mother's bright and welcoming smile also made her daughter smile. "Dinner is all ready. There's an open seat next to Gary. Come and sit with us!" Her mother chimed as she pulled her almost hesitant daughter to the dinner table. Yoshima's smile slowly started to deteriorate as she came closer to Gary. By the time she sat next to Gary, her smile turned into a scowl, one that no one, not even her mother seen her make not once.

As the dinner continued on, other than casual conversation from the professor and Yoshima's mother, and occasional bragging and teasing from Gary, Yoshima's part of the dinner was quiet. She just sat and glared at the brunette sitting next to her as she stabbed the pasta and shoving it in her mouth. "I mean it's been five years and I still can't believe she beat me. I honestly can't believe she's still the champion. I mean how weak she was compared to me." Gary started to blab on. Yoshima usually tended to ignore Gary, not letting him bother her but it was repeatedly happening. Each jab Gary delivered hurt more and more with each blow.

"I mean... She's extremely lazy and difficult to work with. I wonder how anyone can actually put up with her some--" and soon Gary was cut off by a sudden cold flow of liquid and above him was Yoshima, holding the now empty container of water. She slammed plastic container onto the wood surface, resulting in a harsh "thud" as she snatched a roll from the basket on the table and almost calmly stomped out of the house.

Yoshima sat on the little step in front of the door. Compared to the dinner table, outside was nice and quiet with nothing but the crickets to make noise and keep her company. That was until the front door creeked open, a shed of light from the inside blinded her. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw dark, spiky hair indicating that it was Gary. Without a word, Yoshima swiftly turned only to chuck her now half eaten dinner roll at the boy. With fast reflexes, he caught the roll and sat next to her, finishing what was left of it.

"What was the water for? That was extremely out of character for you.." Gary asked, not bothering to look over at Yoshima's scrunched up face. "I never knew it was possible to hate someone so much until tonight..." She rose her head, not looking at the boy next to her. "Not one nice thing has ever came out of your mouth. You're an ass Gary... It's always one jab after another and every time one comes out, the others get worse. I'm happy being isolated. It means being away from you. I want to forget about you. I want to forget it all... I can't even say that it's because we're rivals because even though Ash is my rival, he has some decency to treat me with respect but to you I'm some kind of living punch line. I get that you hate me but from now on just keep it to your god damn self..."

After a few moments of silence, Gary shook his head. "You really don't get it... Look... I'm sorry. I admit, I took it too far tonight but if I have to be honest, I don't hate you. But I understand that you hate me and I'm not going to force you to put up with me but can I at least tell you something before you start to avoid me and we never see each other again..?"

Without a word, Yoshima rose her head to face him. Her ice blue eyes met with his emerald green eyes in silence as Gary reached and gently held the girl's chin between his thumb and index finger, his thumb slowly rubbing against her chin before leaning in and softly kissed her. Yoshima's eyes widened in shock as she kissed him back. Though it was just a short kiss, it was almost like it fixed the problems they had between each other. The only problem was who was going to clean up the mess they made in the kitchen..?