The part where it begins to go wrong

Sienna's POV

Mom dropped me at school the next morning. The sun was already shining brightly and was reflecting off the white tiles of the school path. Mom tooted the horn and I walked in. I saw Emma stood over at the vending machine with a girl and two boys. I smiled and she gave me a slight wave. I walked to the reception desk to get a map of the school like it said to on my welcome pack. Lakewood was one of the only towns I've ever been in where they're at school so early. The reception desk was unmanned so I stood looking like an idiot for what felt like a century.
'Hi.' A geeky looking boy came up to me. 'Sorry I should have introduced myself first. My names Noah' the boy said with a smile.
'Hi Noah. I'm Sienna.' I replied, holding out my hand for him to shake it. He just gave me a look of confusion before meeting my hand with his.
'Nice to meet you. Is there anything you're after? I pride myself on knowing almost anything about everything.' He said with a smile. I couldn't help but giggle.
'Thank you. I was just wondering where I could get a map from, I don't have one you see.'
'That's easy.' Noah said and he leant over the reception desk. He stood back up straight and was holding a sheet of paper with a diagram on it. 'Here you are. One map' Noah held the sheet of paper out to me,  a smile beaming across his face.
'Thanks, you've been really helpful.' I told him with a smile.
'Anytime. Do you need anything else? A locker maybe? There's a spare one beside mine. I can get you the combination for it if you want. Then if you need me I'll be right there for you.'
'Thanks Noah, that would be really great.' Noah led me down the hallways towards a bank of lockers.  There was a girl with a really short pixie cut leaning against one.
'Where have you been? I thought we were walking together today?' The girl asked Noah slightly abruptly.
'Audrey my nearest and dearest friend. I drove to school today because I wanted to get here and help out the new people. Like Sienna here. Sienna Audrey, Audrey Sienna.' Noah motioned for Audrey and I to shake hands, so we did.
'Nice to meet you Sienna.'
'You too.'
'Well now the meet and greet is out of the way, Sienna this is the spare locker I was talking about.' Noah said and pointed at the grey door beside me. 'Sorry it's nothing special. Let me just find the code for you.' He said as he pulled his phone out of his pocket.
'He does this all the time. You get used to it after a while.' Audrey told me. I just giggled. 'No point laughing haha it's true. And he's got a mur-'
'We don't need to scare Sienna off already Audrey, the poor thing must be petrified.' Noah stopped her before she had a chance to speak.
'Alright alright, ill tell her when she's been our friend for longer.' Audrey gave in.
'Thank you, and the code is 2106. And the locker is now registered, to you.' Noah said tapping on his screen.
'Did you just hack the school system?' I asked
'It's one of his many skills.' Audrey replied dryly. I laughed and we walked together towards the cafeteria. I hadn't had time to eat breakfast on the way out and I really fancied a waffle with some syrup. Noah opened the doors and suddenly there was a heard of people everywhere. I spotted Emma and her friends off the side. Audrey and Emma exchanged awkward glances, I wonder what happened there.
'Welcome to the room of hell and doom.' Noah announced, opening his arms out wide as if something wondrous was in front of him.
'Well it's certainly hellish,' I responded to him. Audrey sat down at a table and pulled her phone out of her pockets. I kept looking around me. Everyone was so busy talking away and getting on with their lives, I knew at this moment I was definately going to fit in here.
'So what are you interested in?' Noah asked, sitting down beside me with a waffle and syrup. 'This is for you. We make the best waffles here.'
'Thank you, and I don't want to sound weird when I say my interest.' I told him, it's true, my interests are a little strange, a psychiatrist would have a field day listening to me go on and on about murderers.
'I'll say mine first then, I like psychology and why people do things.' Noah exclaimed.
'That seems pretty normal compared to what I'm abo-'
'Murderers. Why murderers do things. I love horror and suspense.' Noah finished
'Me too! But I love art as well.'
'No way.' Noah seemed taken aback by what was said. 'Are you being serious right now?'
'Yeah, all that stuff fascinates me, that's part of the reason why I kinda wanted to move here. I mean Brandon James killed people here, right here in this very school. He lived near my house too.'
'I think I might just be in love with you, nah I'm only joking. Me too though, Audrey was trying to tell you earlier that I have a murder board which is kind of my fact file about murderers and cases that are going on. Unfortunately I haven't really got anything at the moment.' He sounded disheartened.
'I'm sure something will pop up soon enough.' I smiled. Noah smiled back at me before following the path of a beautiful dark haired girl. 'By any chance do you like her?' I asked with a raised eyebrow.
'I don't want to give away my whole life story immediately. But yeah, that's Riley Marra. She's beautiful isn't she?' Noah was transfixed. Like she was Aphrodite in a sea of Medusas.
'Very.' I replied. Compared to me anyone was beautiful. I was plain and simple. I didn't like all the makeup and hair styles. My skin was pale and freckly on my face, my nose turns up at the end and my eyes are a piercing green. My hair is blonde with mint green tips. It's about as adventurous as I got. Just at that point I spotted Kieran out in the corridor. 'I'll be right back.' I told Noah, I don't think he heard though.
'Kieran.' I should down the corridor, for my first day I was getting rather confident. He turned round and faced me.
'Hey, Sienna.' He smiled and placed his bag in his locker. 'I didn't know you went here.'
'It's my first day.' I told him.
' me too. Everyone has been really friendly though. Was there someone at reception when you went? Because the woman spent ages with me.' Not surprising I thought, you're gorgeous.  'Thank you I guess haha.' Kieran laughed awkwardly.
'Oh god did I really say that out loud?'
'If you mean calling me gorgeous then yes you really did say that out loud haha. Look it was great seeing you but I have. A lesson on the other side of the school first thing so I better get over there. Have a good day and see you around.' He gave me a gentle hug before walking up the nearest flight of stairs.
'Who's that?' Noah's voice said from behind me.
'Just a friend.' I replied. Noah can find out for himself if he likes detective things that much. The rest of the day really dragged. My lessons were boring and I didn't know anyone in any of them. I ate with Audrey and Noah at lunch because they were the only people I knew and I couldn't find Kieran anywhere. At the end of the day I walked out onto the main pathway outside the school, I began slowly walking up the street the way my mom had driven this morning. I heard footsteps behind me so I walked faster.
'Sorry I didn't mean to scare you.' It was a girls voice. I turned around and saw Emma.
'Sorry. I was in my own little world.'
'That's ok. I just wanted to let you know that my mom would love to have you and your mom round for dinner one day in the week.'
'My mom would love that.'
'Great, well I'll let you know more when I can.' Emma smiled and walked back towards her friends. One of the boys, a light haired one kept glancing my way. Emma kissed him on the cheek. Must be the boy I saw her with yesterday.
When I got home there was no body in. I took my shoes off and threw my keys into the tub on the counter. I'd go out job hunting after I'd watched a bit of tv. I grabbed myself a soda out of the cool bag mom had used to transport the food in and turned on the tv. The news was the first thing that came on. I watched it intently, wanting to know more about the new local area. Something caught my eye out of the front window so I went over to look. That was when I saw the hooded person from last night up in Emma's bedroom window, however now I could see that they were wearing a mask.