Chapter 74

Elina's POV

I was standing in our house in Budapest. The house was covered with dust, spider webs and darkness.

"Hello..? Is anybody there? Mom..? Dad..?"

I tried to search everywhere but couldn't find anyone. When I was walking down the stairs I saw a couple sitting on the staircase holding hands. The woman had her head resting on his shoulder while they kept on humming a familiar tune.

"Excuse me.?"

They turned around but I was still not able to see their faces due to darkness. Turning around they walked down the stairs and I followed them. They stood near the table which was right beside the end of the stairs. I opened the drawer of the table and picked up a candle and a match box from it. Lighting it up I found my parents standing in front of me.

"You always wanted us to sing this song for you to sleep."

My mom said.

"MOM.."

I ran towards her but she held out a hand towards me signalling me to stop.

"You cannot touch me my Princess. And don't cry I am here safe and happy with your father. After so many years of being away from him finally I have him by my side."

I stared at their smiling faces.

"Zack is a very nice guy. And I know it was hard for me to take when I came to know about what you have become. But now that I know that you were made for him, I think I am the most luckiest mom to have such a brave daughter. All the best my love."

"Mom..!"

Tears started threatening to make it's way out of my eyes but I did not want to cry in front of them. Maybe this was the last time I was seeing them.

"Dad.. Who killed you?"

I tried to ask him about the dream I got on the day of Coronation. Instead of replying to me mom and dad started humming the same song while they climbed the stairs.

"There shall be showers of blessings..
This is the promise of love..
There shall be.."

My mother stopped abruptly and turned around with a serious face.

"There is one truth left to find out. And remember Zack has gone through a lot of bad times to be with you don't abandon him no matter what."

"Why are you saying that..."

Before I could complete my question mom and dad had not disappeared in the darkness.

I stood there studying the house with the help of a little light my candle had. It was then all of my surrounding started changing and now I was standing alone at the dead end of a dark alley. I still had the candle in my hand which was doing a great job lightening up the small alley. I could recollect that this was the same alley in which I saw my father in my last dream but this time I was standing there alone.

Few seconds later I heard sound of some footsteps and I saw my father taking a turn towards me. He looked afraid and soaked in sweat. He wore the same formal clothes he was wearing in the last dream. I knew I was having the same vision again. But I failed to understand why?

Immediately after my father reached the alley and found that there was no way out I could see horror in his eyes. I felt extremely bad for him. This was I cannot see but I wanted to see who were my father's murderers. This time the candle in my hand was going to help me find out. As expected the two girls came running behind dad followed by a man of the same age of my dad. The light of the candle helped me see their faces. I failed to recognize the man's face but I immediately knew who those two girls were, Khalida and Keket. I had to once again witness the same torture they did to my father. Since now I knew who they were I wanted to run away from there and wake up from my sleep but as if dad wanted to show me something more, I was still standing there watching them torture my father trying to make him spill out my location which he was adamant of not doing. Then I saw the man walking towards dad and his fangs piercing out ready to kill it's prey. I closed my eyes as I did not want to see what was going to happen to my father. The same people had killed my dad and now my mom.

"What do we do with this body father?"

I heard Keket asking. Opening my eyes I found my father's body lying on the ground with his eyes open. His body was now pale due to no blood in it. The girls were talking to the man who had killed my father. This meant he was Emmanuel. I knew that he was responsible for my mother's death too. The rage of vengeance was now at its peak in my body. I tried to hit them but since this was just a vision I couldn't touch them.

"Why did you do this Emmanuel?"

I heard a familiar voice and found Zack's father standing in front of us. Zack and his mother stood behind him watching my father's dead body. A feeling of being cheated once again reached my gut and tears started oozing out of my eyes. I watched Zack looking at my father with an unreadable expression. Zack's mom and dad too watched at my father. My attention from them was drawn towards my father when I saw them burning his body.

"Hey wait. No. Please don't do this."

I tried hard to stop them but they stood there laughing watching my father's body burn into ashes. I ran towards Zack pleading him to make them stop doing that to him but he couldn't listen to me. I saw Emmanuel walking out of the alley followed by Khalida and Keket. Zack and his parents stood there watching them walk away. Few seconds later Zack's parents pulled Zack out of the alley and disappeared into darkness.

***

I woke up pushing my body out of the bed. My eyes were burning and tears kept on coming out of it.

"El.. Are you okay?"

Zack asked in a concerned tone. He was laying beside me and his eyes were still forcing him to go back to sleep.

"You knew about my father's death"

His eyes grew wide as he took my words. He sat beside me and kept his arm on the small of my back.

"What are you saying love?"

"Don't you dare touch me."

"Elina.."

"Don't. I saw it. I saw everything. Khalida Keket and Emmanuel killing my dad and burning his body. I saw you and your parents watching them burning his body into ashes and you stood there doing nothing."

"Elina I think it was a nightmare. I don't remember anything like that trust me."

"Fuck your trust Zack. I don't fucking trust you. Get out of the room now. I do not want to talk to you. I will take the revenge of my parents' death alone. I don't want you near me or my friends"

"But.."

"Just get the hell out of here. I don't even want to see yours and your parent's faces."

Zack walked out of the room with a hurt expression. Right now I hated him the most. Even my vampire self was quite and sad because of what she had seen. I picked up the phone and dialed Brian's number. I knew he was the only one I could lay mh trust on. Diana and Vitan were also my trustworthy friends but I did not want to put them in danger.

"Elina Good Morning."

"Can you come to my room please."

"Is everything alright?"

"No nothing is right. And I think its only you whom I can trust."

"I'll be right there."

I hung up the phone and within few minutes Brian walked into my room. I told him everything dad showed me and just like me it was hard for him to believe what I was telling him.