Beast Of Burden

"I'm gonna go pick up some breakfast. I'm starving," Duff told us.

"With what car, mister?" I asked, crossing my arms, raising my eyebrows at him.

"Yours, miss," he smiled back at me.

"Not happening," I shook my head.

"Come on, Jen. Let the man get us breakfast," Axl begged.

"Yeah, Jen. You can even come with me," Duff smirked.

"Whatever," I huffed, getting my keys, "let's go."

****
Duff was now driving and we were on the highway, which I didn't understand what for.

"Why are we on the highway to just pick up some breakfast?" I asked.

"'Cause it's over here," he answered.

I just looked at him and didn't say anything after that.

I looked out of my window and suddenly heard the radio turn way up and I saw Duff cranking up the volume.

The song was Beast of Burden by The Rolling Stones and I giggled as I saw him grin.

"What are you laughing at?" he smiled, stealing a glance at me.

"I'm surprised this is the song you choose to blast," I chuckled.

"I'LL NEVER BE YOUR BEAST OF BURDEN!" he screamed, turning it up even louder.

"You are my beast of burden," I said quietly, under my breath.

"What was that?" he asked, exaggarating his shock, turning down the music.

"You're my beast of burden, Mckagan," I repeated, this time not helping but to smile.

"Oh, come on. You secretly love me being here," he smiled obnoxiously.

"You wish I did," I snapped back.

"ALL I WANT IS JENNA TO MAKE LOVE TO ME!" he screamed again, turning up the music, changing up the lyrics.

"I'll never be your beast of burden," I sang quietly.

"I WALK FOR MILES, MY FEET ARE HURTIN'!" Duff shouted, opening the windows.

"All I want, for you to make love to me," I sang.

"LOUDER, JENNA!" Duff smiled, his crazy hair flying in the wind, "AM I HARD ENOUGH?"

"AM I ROUGH ENOUGH?" I screamed back.

"AM I RICH ENOUGH?" Duff continued.

"I'M NOT TOO BLIND TO SEE..." Duff and I simultaneously belted out the lyrics.

"I'LL NEVER BE YOUR BEAST OF BURDEN!" I screamed.

Duff and I both laughed and got our breaths back. I was staring at him intently as he was cruising down the highway, and I didn't even bother asking where we were going or how long it'd take.

At this moment, I wanted to be in the car with him forever.

****
The song then finished, and weirdly enough, right as it finished, we got off of the highway.

He made the first left and pulled into the first plaza there was. He found a quick parking spot and told me to stay in the car.

I did as I was told and he rushed into one of the stores and I didn't even pay attention to which one. I was too focused on just staring at Duff. He was just... something else.

****
Duff came back with 2 bags and put them in the backseat. He went back to the driver's seat and looked at me and flashed me a smile.

I decided to flash him a smile back and he raised his eyebrows.